NAS I AM appreciation

Daps
I am is nas best cd, I know most people will say illmatic but I am is better than illmatic in every way. I think i am had a more polished version of nas and it had more umph to it

New York State of mind 2 > the original

Hate me now just had that strong east coast swag, we had diddy talking his shyt in the background while nas came with the ill verses

Small world showed nas brilliance at story telling, the lyrics and flow was so effortless

Nas and face, The New York to Texas connection "I'll wet who you want wetted, any nikka can get it"

Money money money my bytch is my money, again nas showing off his versatility with the pen

And the song that defines pure hiphop old or new

lucky lefty

Most Annoying Jay Z (aka GOAT) Stan of All Time
Daps
Reppin
West Philly aka Illadelf aka Tha 215
It's a true testament to the epic awfulness of the smart dumb nikka savior Nas Lost aka Lostradamus aka Diet Rakim Lite Zero aka the Duke of L’sington aka the Last L’sbender aka the Gordon Gecko of L’s acquisitions aka Destony’s abortion sponsor aka Carmen’s backseat Camel juice janitor aka Kelis’ p*ssy whipped, anal rape alimony victim aka ELLen DeGenerous-with-allowing-L’s-in-his-presence aka c00nsir aka Nasir Jonesing-to-be-one-billionth-as-talented-as-the-GOAT-Hov that his "best" album is a universally recognized brick factory that doesn't even hold a used birthday candle missing half the wick to the GOAT Hov's worst album

anigif_enhanced-buzz-4528-1381155488-21.gif

I Am (A God Awful Excuse For An MC) aka I Am (A p*ssy Whipped fukk Boy Who Carmen Had Mopping Up Hov's Nut Off The Babyseat) aka I Am (A Confused c00n Stuck Btwn Shortyz Owing Me Ice & Lost Black bytches) is a fukking bore with wack & forced ass commercial songs, lame ass flows, & lowest of low tier lyrics

And to think he had the nerve to drop this around the same time as the GOAT Hov dropping the borderline classic Vol 2

One hot album every ten year avg indeed

Ruby'sRevolver

Man in the Black Hat
Daps
NY State of Mind Pt. II is better than the original but that is the ONLY thing 'I Am' has over 'Illmatic'.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am is nas best cd, I know most people will say illmatic but I am is better than illmatic in every way. I think i am had a more polished version of nas and it had more umph to it

New York State of mind 2 > the original

Hate me now just had that strong east coast swag, we had diddy talking his shyt in the background while nas came with the ill verses

Small world showed nas brilliance at story telling, the lyrics and flow was so effortless

Nas and face, The New York to Texas connection "I'll wet who you want wetted, any nikka can get it"

Money money money my bytch is my money, again nas showing off his versatility with the pen

And the song that defines pure hiphop old or new

You highlighted 6 solid to fire songs, there are like 14 or 15 jawns on there if I'm not mistaken. How you feel about them other 9? Just curious...because imo, Illmatic only has 1 song that's not groundbreaking and incredible...and even that song is dope. The other 8 songs are as close to perfection as it gets.

Daps
You highlighted 6 songs, there are like 14 or 15 jawns on there if I'm not mistaken. How you feel about them other 9? Just curious.

We will survive- loved it, loved the pac and big appreciation verses

You won’t see me tonight- loved it, beats, chorus, baby girls voice, rhymes… “tell your friends your in love with Nas not his money”
:wow:

kissing- it was cool, it was basically the rap version of R Kelly song with sparkle which was big around that time

Didn’t care for ghetto prisoners at all

I have to go back and listen to the others

Cyborg11

Rookie
Daps
We will survive- loved it, loved the pac and big appreciation verses

You won’t see me tonight- loved it, beats, chorus, baby girls voice, rhymes… “tell your friends your in love with Nas not his money”
:wow:

kissing- it was cool, it was basically the rap version of R Kelly song with sparkle which was big around that time

Didn’t care for ghetto prisoners at all

I have to go back and listen to the others

What's your beef with Ghetto Prisoners? Some of his best verses on the album are on there, and the beat bumps. And it flows perfectly into You Won't See Me Tonight