Narcos Season 3 (Official Thread)

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Best season IMO.

Pablo stuff was entertaining but like @JamilALAmin said, the story line was much deeper here. Obviously things weren't the same as they are in real life but I feel like the show runners did get things as close as you could get. The Jorge storyline with his real-life consultancy on the show was also great. Pedro Pascual is a much better lead and better at being a peice of shyt than the Murphy narration.

The gentlemen of Cali and their depictions especially Gilberto is spot on with what I've read about them.

Oh and props to them for keeping the main theme and the opening is superb

They should of had a couple more episodes to show the end of chepo and pacho. I felt cheated at the end, build those fukers up and have their deaths during some monologue

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
NETFLIX'S 'NARCOS'LOCATION SCOUT SHOT & KILLEDOn the Job in Mexcio
9/16/2017 11:43 AM PDT
Netflix's 'Narcos' Location Scout Shot, Killed on the Job in Mexico
0916-narcos-1.jpg

A location scout for Netflix's hit show "Narcos" was shot and killed this week while working in Mexico ... this as the upcoming season shifts its focus to Mexican drug cartels.

Carolos Muñoz Portal was found shot to death Monday in central Mexico during location scouting for season 4 of "Narcos." He was reportedly found riddled with bullets in his car in a remote area near Hidalgo, which is known to have one of the highest murder rates in Mexico.

0916-carlos-portal-facebook-3.jpg
Netflix issued a statement saying ... "We are aware of the passing of Carlos Muñoz Portal, a well-respected location scout, and send our condolences to his family." Police are currently investigating the circumstances of Portal's death.

The new season of Narcos is expected to focus on the origins of the Juarez cartel in Mexico, and filming was supposed to go down there as opposed to Colombia where past seasons were shot.

Unclear if Portal's death will derail production.

They gonna have to shoot back in Colombia or in Texas or something

Shid is crazy

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
Finished it last night. Show is good but I definitely didn't like it more than the first 2. Like somebody said earlier, this season lacked a Pablo. They shouldve shown the Cali business operation a little more.I feel like they wasted a lot of time the last episode was mostly filler scenes

I had very little sympathy for Salcedo and was hoping he died. He was a straight up rat. They tried to force sympathy with the fact that he had daughters and didn't carry a gun but naw, he was completely self interested. His wife even called it out, he wasn't poor just greedy...

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finished it last night. Show is good but I definitely didn't like it more than the first 2. Like somebody said earlier, this season lacked a Pablo. They shouldve shown the Cali business operation a little more.I feel like they wasted a lot of time the last episode was mostly filler scenes

I had very little sympathy for Salcedo and was hoping he died. He was a straight up rat. They tried to force sympathy with the fact that he had daughters and didn't carry a gun but naw, he was completely self interested. His wife even called it out, he wasn't poor just greedy...
Was he greedy? Is that the new code word for saving your life? Everybody is either dead or in prison from the Cali cartel, he won at the end.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
Was he greedy? Is that the new code word for saving your life? Everybody is either dead or in prison from the Cali cartel, he won at the end.
He was greedy when he decided to join the Cali Cartel. Then when he decided he had enough he tried to leave then ratted on everybody when they told him thats not how it works...

Yeah he "won" by betraying people that trusted him. It wasnt honorable..

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He was greedy when he decided to join the Cali Cartel. Then when he decided he had enough he tried to leave then ratted on everybody when they told him thats not how it works...

A crook betrayed a bunch of people who wouldnt hesitate to kill him. His big mistake was joining them in the first place

There are no honorable people involved in drugs, there all fuking each other over until they die or get locked up. That's how the game is played

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
A crook betrayed a bunch of people who wouldnt hesitate to kill him. His big mistake was joining them in the first place

There are no honorable people involved in drugs, there all fuking each other over until they die or get locked up. That's how the game is played
I agree. But I wish the show wouldve been more honest about that fact instead of cheaply framing him as a "good guy" just cuz he was somewhat remorseful and kept a concerned look on his face. He was a crook like the rest of them and a boring character otherwise. So I wanted Navagante to kill him in the end...

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

In interviews he says he joined up just to help stop Pablo when he was rampantly killing civilians. He tried to get out as soon as Pablo was dead, and they wouldn't let him leave.

The show also showed him letting the waiter go free after he caught him with a camera, so he wasn't entirely motivated by self interest.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
In interviews he says he joined up just to help stop Pablo when he was rampantly killing civilians. He tried to get out as soon as Pablo was dead, and they wouldn't let him leave.

The show also showed him letting the waiter go free after he caught him with a camera, so he wasn't entirely motivated by self interest.
Good point about the waiter that adds to his "good guy" credentials. But how does doing security for Cali stop Pablo from killing people

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Good point about the waiter that adds to his "good guy" credentials. But how does doing security for Cali stop Pablo from killing people

Found the quote with his version of the story (of course, he wouldn't want to make himself look bad, but this seems to be the version the show is going with) :

'Narcos' Exclusive: The Real Jorge Salcedo Speaks

So your first assignment was to nail Pablo Escobar?
The thing is, you have to remember … everyone gets emotional now about these killings that ISIS is doing here, there, everywhere. But those guys look like Boy Scouts compared to Pablo. He had put a bomb in the building that destroyed the equivalent of the FBI in Colombia. I don’t even remember how many people he killed just that day. So I had sympathy [for the Cali Cartel’s goals] at that time. [Escobar] was bad, killing soldiers and civilians.

And then after Pablo was dead, you tried to leave the cartel?
After Pablo was dead, I said, “I’m going. I came here to protect you and your family, but I left my business my behind, so I’m done.” They said, “No way, you have to stay.”

Chaval

Pro
Daps
I thought season 3 was great eventhough , the lack of a Pablo-like central character affected my viewing of the first couple episodes of the season but it was still good regardless. If u guys are fans of Narcos, check out El Chapo on Netflix , it's coproduced by Netflix and Unvision and the show is really good with the perspectives of the Mexicans cartels revolving around El Chapo.

3rdLetter

Pushin afros back to '76
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Qnz, NYC
Just started watching Narcos last week. Loved every season so far, but like other's said, S3 might be my favorite.
Cali moved so differently from Medellin but was just as ruthless. Their reach was :wow:
Chepe was dope in every scene he was in. Pacho was dope too. The gay shyt was whatever. He was openly gay in real life so :yeshrug:
Anytime Navegante (threw mama from the car :dead:) was on screen I was :lupe:
The music was dope but "Cali Bonita" had me :stylin:
I stood and applauded when David got clapped. Haven't hated a character more since Joffrey in GOT.

Will be in for season 4.