Name a movie that turned out to be equal to or better than it's original book version

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
That's what I'm saying. I've never seen a successful book to movie transition. Ever :mindblown:
And I must say , these replies have me intrigued. I have to see some of these movies!

So you've never seen The Godfather? Apocalypse Now? One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest? The Silence Of The Lambs? The Shining? The Shawshank Redemption? The Green Mile? The Hunt For The Red October? No Country For Old Men? Breakfast At Tiffany's? Motherfukking Jurassic Park?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
So you've never seen The Godfather? Apocalypse Now? One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest? The Silence Of The Lambs? The Shining? The Shawshank Redemption? The Green Mile? The Hunt For The Red October? No Country For Old Men? Breakfast At Tiffany's? Motherfukking Jurassic Park?

Shyyyt the godfather should be the main answer in this thread. That and goodfellas

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Gone Girl was a great book but the movie :whew:

Also thought the DaVinci Codes/Angels and Demons books were goofy but the movie was good.

Gotta disagree with these. The Gone Girl movie skipped over a lot of details in people's relationships that pull everything together.

Angels & Demons and The Da Vinci Code books were definitely better than the movies. I'm shocked to see those listed in here.

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.

I've never seen the successful transition, is what I meant to say..meaning, while I've seen almost all of those flicks I havent read anyof the books.

But you just reminded me..I have seen it!

I read The Green Mile and was blown away by it..still one of my fav books... Then the movie came out and I was absolutely amazed :

Daps
80a.jpg

:mjcry:......the poor little bunnies.​

Poor little bunnies, my ass! This movie used to fukk me up as a kid.

wdf15.jpg

tumblr_nktl5fK9St1ts2ibko1_500.png

tumblr_lmafx9ZIHx1qkkusno1_500.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Always watched this movie like...

:ooh::huhldup::merchant::sadcam::damn::to::sadbron:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Mockingjay - The movie turned a book in which absilutely nothing happens, into an entertaining movie in which nothing happens.
To Kill a Mockingbird - Both give me chills
Gone Girl
Count of Monte Cristo (2002)
Prince Caspian
The Princess Bride

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
Okay, okay, yall win :pachaha:
Point well taken. :salute:

I honestly never realized there were so many movies that outshined their book predecessors.
What's really got me :dwillhuh: and :gladbron: is how many of these movies I've seen before/haven't seen before.

Μαρία

God's Wife
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earth
Gotta disagree with these. The Gone Girl movie skipped over a lot of details in people's relationships that pull everything together.

Angels & Demons and The Da Vinci Code books were definitely better than the movies. I'm shocked to see those listed in here.

I read the book so the little details missing from the movie didn't matter to me. Plus the author wrote the screenplay so most changes were probably her idea.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I read the book so the little details missing from the movie didn't matter to me. Plus the author wrote the screenplay so most changes were probably her idea.

Also, you gotta do what works for the movie which is a different medium. A movie works best when it's an adaptation of the book, not a direct page to page translation. That first Harry Potter movie is a direct translation of the book and slavish and the series got better once they stopped doing that

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
The Last Of The Mohicans is at least equal to the book if not better.

The modern Count of Monte Cristo is just :wow: and that's probably my favorite book ever.