Nah, this needs its own thread: The Unknown History of Latino Lynchings

Kobes Two Jerseys

8 or 24 best player of the era
Daps
Reppin
Fistful of jewels
We still do :whistle:

That was dope read, repped too. I'm :fpb: right now though cause this shyt was in my own state and I didn't even know.

I wonder how many will overlook this

:sas2:
They don't want you to know. Can't have a Brown or Black man standing up for the rights of himself, his ancestors and history. Thats what they mean by "assimilate". Look at that word. It means to take in (information, ideas, or culture) and understand fully. But its their ideas, information and culture they want you to understand. Its all a part of colonization. They want you to forget your background, your history, and who you truly are. Thats why they have pumped the idea of this "american dream", into our minds since we were born. So that we forget. When we forget, we can't teach our children about us and our history. The Mexican/Chicano, has been a major part of the history of this country that goes back to its very roots, but it has been shoveled on and buried. Thats why they lump us in as "latino", "hispanic". Don't get me wrong, I don't have any problems with any other spanish speaking people, or anyone for that matter. But to deny who we are, what we were, and what we can and will be, is tragic.

HALLOWEEN

Pro
Daps
Reppin
http://i32.tinypic.com/ejvi9e.gif
They don't want you to know. Can't have a Brown or Black man standing up for the rights of himself, his ancestors and history. Thats what they mean by "assimilate". Look at that word. It means to take in (information, ideas, or culture) and understand fully. But its their ideas, information and culture they want you to understand. Its all a part of colonization. They want you to forget your background, your history, and who you truly are. Thats why they have pumped the idea of this "american dream", into our minds since we were born. So that we forget. When we forget, we can't teach our children about us and our history. The Mexican/Chicano, has been a major part of the history of this country that goes back to its very roots, but it has been shoveled on and buried. Thats why they lump us in as "latino", "hispanic". Don't get me wrong, I don't have any problems with any other spanish speaking people, or anyone for that matter. But to deny who we are, what we were, and what we can and will be, is tragic.

We just have to respect each other. It's cool to have pride but the moment a group claims to be better than the other that's when things go south.

To be honest, I always felt a lot of Hispanics don't like each other cause of soccer :heh:

Whogivesafuck

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Whatever we both need.. Sometimes it can be something that benefits one group, the other times it can benefit the other.. As long as it doesn't fukk the other group up it wouldn't matter which rights.. The toughest part will be getting the ball rolling..

Don't seem possible. Right now the major thing with Chicano's seem to be the dreamer act and immigration. I can understand the plight since I had a homie who was deported even though he had been in the country since he was a couple months old. He ended up dying of a heat stroke trying to cross back into the country.But I would be lying in saying that illegal immigration hasn't had a impact on the black community in Los Angeles.shyt my moms side of the family been in LA since the 1930's and my grandfather ran his own landscaping business from the 1950's to the early 80's:yeshrug:

HALLOWEEN

Pro
Daps
Reppin
http://i32.tinypic.com/ejvi9e.gif
Don't seem possible. Right now the major thing with Chicano's seem to be the dreamer act and immigration. I can understand the plight since I had a homie who was deported even though he had been in the country since he was a couple months old. He ended up dying of a heat stroke trying to cross back into the country.But I would be lying in saying that illegal immigration hasn't had a impact on the black community in Los Angeles.shyt my moms side of the family been in LA since the 1930's and my grandfather ran his own landscaping business from the 1950's to the early 80's:yeshrug:

I get you, and I didn't mean to bring this up for this immigration bs. I'm sure something else will come up and the next time people need to peacefully protest about something we can all show up and support each other. Sooner or later people will notice and possibly join us and it'll help bridge the gap we have within our community.

It'll also be nice to get together and change the perception we have each other. I read the stuff people post and it has me in disbelieve. I guess what I'm trying to say is that we only fail by not trying.

"One on one, one by one"

king-laylow

Orale holmes..
Daps
Reppin
Califas
should of hung yall by yalls dikks so vatos now wouldnt be mad we fukkin ya latinas
:yeshrug:

cant take all this dumb shyt you talking serious.. based on your love for white women.. your harming your people more than we are so:yeshrug:

fukk you for saying that disrespectful shyt about my people biatch:pacspit:!!!

Caligula

a bene placito
Daps

How do you feel about 2nd and 3rd generation Chicanos who willfully assimilate and reject chicano history? Should there be a concerted effort to "rehabilitate" these individuals or are they lost causes who do more damage to the community than good?

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Man, lynchings were the tip of the iceberg. White people absolutely SLAUGHTERED the native people of the Americas and the Caribbean. They wiped out between 70-100 million AmerIndo people :wow:

:scust: It's absolutely disgusting that we celebrate Christopher Columbus day in the U.S.

Kobes Two Jerseys

8 or 24 best player of the era
Daps
Reppin
Fistful of jewels
How do you feel about 2nd and 3rd generation Chicanos who willfully assimilate and reject chicano history? Should there be a concerted effort to "rehabilitate" these individuals or are they lost causes who do more damage to the community than good?
They are only fooling themselves by selling out and assimilating into whatever white culture is. A concerted effort will do nothing. It takes an awakening. All people like myself can do is keep talking about our ancestors and how they were killled off. Some will wake up, some won't.