My West African Brehs/Brehettes

flusterose

dat dere chocolate
Daps
Reppin
Black Gay Capital
Fufu stinks? Is there a difference between Nigerian and Ghanaian Fufu because it has a slight smell nothing strong.
i dont know but Nigerian fufu stinks. and like i said, people call EVERYTHING fufu. but the actual traditional one makes me gag.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Nah fufu fukkin stinks, I remember I had a West African friend as a kid and his mom would be cooking that shyt I swear the smell was terrible. lol, I always joked and said that stinky shyt was the secret to their athleticism and ability to get straight A's. Feed your kids fufu brehs, it might be the best investment you ever made. :usure:

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah fufu fukkin stinks, I remember I had a West African friend as a kid and his mom would be cooking that shyt I swear the smell was terrible. lol, I always joked and said that stinky shyt was the secret to their athleticism and ability to get straight A's. Feed your kids fufu brehs, it might be the best investment you ever made. :usure:
The smell must be the soup... the actual fufu which is the dough has basically has no smell breh

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
-Throw some garlic, ginger, one habenero pepper, salt black pepper adobo seasoning, maggi bouillion (tomato), lemon juice, 1 tomato, 1/2 a sweet onion and a little bit of olive oil and blend it until its smooth
-Grease the bottom of your pan with olive oil
-pour the mixture on top of your fish, cut some lines into the sides of the tilapia so that the flavor can get all up in there :noah:
-put in the oven on 450F until the meat is white (cover with aluminum foil)
-you can check it every 30 min or so and just baste it
-take the foil off the top and let it get a little bit brown and crispy
-fry some plantains and invite a girl over, she'll fall in love with you (well... it works on dudes)
-it will be the best fish you ever ate, i promise you

*i can't give you specific amounts teaspoons, etc. african ppl don't do that. you'll just have to learn it on your own like the rest of us
:wow:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
tumblr_mb8b277qeE1rnercmo1_500.jpg

I went HAM eating these donuts in Ghana
Puff Puff :shaq:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
All I know is he said his mom was makin some fufu and from then on I associated the name with that smell. :yeshrug:
Fufu itself has no smell and the taste is bland. The soup makes the fufu. Low key though, having had food from all West Africans, Liberians are the best West African cooks :mjpls:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fufu does not stink. If your fufu stinks then you're doing it wrong :rudy:

There are all different kinda of "fufu". There is plantain fufu, rice fufu, flour fufu, corn fufu. I've had all of them and none of mine stinks at least. Pounded yam doesn't stink either. What are y'all talking about.