My thoughts on Roman Reigns Pre-WM XXX

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Reigns doesn't have it on the mic like Rock, Austin or Hogan but I said from jump he was gonna be the star of The Shield. Right now he's all potential.

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
Dude looks the same way Batista did before he broke out, he will prob go down the same path as him. All that other stuff had to be added on jokes tho:whoa:

Hes coming at the right time tho look wise, ppl live that 300 Dathraki look, he will have the female fan eating out the palm of his hand....they gotta keep him ill enough that the nikkas dont turn on him tho:yeshrug:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
They had that little poll on Raw where the "WWE UINVERSE" voted for Punk vs, Taker over Rock vs Austin. ...entire arena booed it like X Pac IN 2000.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I'll say this......

....back in school I was the ONLY Austin fan at first in 96, and then later the ONLY Rock fan in late 97.....why? Because I saw before everyone else I knew, that those guys had "it". Several months later, everyone else jumped on the wagon

Barring anything weird happening, Reigns willl be a star. A big star, but to my eyes, he tops out at level slightly bigger than Batista, but below Cena. He won't be the face of company like a Austin or Rock though. I dont see it.

Far as his mic skills, I don't know that he'll be the jokey, upbeat charismatic character of a Rock or HBK. But maybe he's a funny guy off camera.... given time tho, I think he'll get good enough to where it's not a hinderance.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
WWE has a problem in that the Shield are over as a group but there is no heat for them yet in singles matches. The crowd has been dead for any singles matches Reigns has had.

The Batista comparison isn't fair. Batista had Triple H (and Ric Flair) to put him over and legitimize him. Reigns doesnt have that.

I think he'll be fine,but he's not ready to break out on his own yet. I think he needs more time.