My thoughts on Roman Reigns Pre-WM XXX

TRIPLE M

This is Where the Power Lies
Daps
I'm with Mushroom that even though any good wrestling fan knows the Austin-Bret feud, the peak of the attitude era saw Austin going against The Corporation which was Vince and Rocky and that's what the mainstream fan remembers when they think of Stone Cold.

Stonecold's highest mainstream publicity happened when he was going against HBK and MikeTyson:leostare:

and the biggest drawing match between rock and austin happened when rock wasn't even in the corporation:what:

you're giving corporate rock too much credit in "building austin"

:camby:

El Cocodrilo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stonecold's highest mainstream publicity happened when he was going against HBK and MikeTyson:leostare:

and the biggest drawing match between rock and austin happened when rock wasn't even in the corporation:what:

Nah, I didn't say I completely agree with Mushroom when it comes to who made Austin.

I was just making a point that Austin vs Rock much more cemented Austin as a mainstream icon than his feud with Bret.

In any case, going back to one of your other points, I'd say Roman Reigns has much more charisma and presence than Chris Masters. I'm definitely not trynna say that Roman is anywhere near the Austin level, but I think the amount of potential is crazy with this guy.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
only way to be above Main Event bracket is to hit main stream..and there is no one on the roster except Hulk Hogan who is main stream,which why he's getting all the main stream wrestlemania promotion

for Reigns to get to that level will be impossible, just like it it is for 99.9% of other wrestlers

Do you really think Reigns is going to be on the cover of TV Guide anytime soon?

This is not anytime soon, this is down the road.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin

My breh :heh:

Stone Cold's best match was with Bret Hart, but not everyone follows WWE.

Diehard WWE Fans remembers Stone Cold vs. Bret Hart the most
Casual WWE Fans, Vince's key audience, remembers Rock vs. Stone Cold the most.

TRIPLE M

Daps
My breh :heh:

Stone Cold's best match was with Bret Hart, but not everyone follows WWE.

Diehard WWE Fans remembers Stone Cold vs. Bret Hart the most
Casual WWE Fans, Vince's key audience, remembers Rock vs. Stone Cold the most.

what did I just say:ufdup:
you're giving corporate rock way too much credit
he was only in the corporation 6 months, and of those 6, he feuded with Foley for 4

He did not build Austin to that level in that time

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
what did I just say:ufdup:
you're giving corporate rock way too much credit
he was only in the corporation 6 months, and of those 6, he feuded with Foley for 4

He did not build Austin to that level in that time

But he brought the most out of Austin, even with the IC title :jawalrus:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Ehhh, Cena was destined to be a star tho.

They just had to take the rap character off of him b/c it limited what he could do on the mic. And so now we have had stale Cena for the past several eayrs.

But Cena debuted in 02 and by mid-late 03 he was already on his way to being a crowd fav. By the time WM XX came around he was completely over.

TRIPLE M

Daps
But he brought the most out of Austin, even with the IC title :jawalrus:
bring out the best of someone and elevating someone are completely two different things

Hulk Hogan's best feuds were with Mr Wonderful and Macho Man, but did they build him…..?
no

Corporate or Nation Rock did not elevate Austin..he was already there

TRIPLE M

Daps
Ehhh, Cena was destined to be a star tho.

They just had to take the rap character off of him b/c it limited what he could do on the mic. And so now we have had stale Cena for the past several eayrs.

But Cena debuted in 02 and by mid-late 03 he was already on his way to being a crowd fav. By the time WM XX came around he was completely over.
no doubt Cena was over…I was at MSG for XX, and the crowd was hype for him

what killed cena was his cornyness and 'super" booking
if he was treated more like to rock, who did clean jobs and never lost his stature, cena would not be as reviled as he is today

BAMBA

The Menace
Supporter
Daps
I like Reigns, but he needs to chill with that corny cocking his hand back sh*t before his Superman punch.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
As of right now I see him able to kind of go the Edge route (minus the end part) where he will be pushed down our throats and probably win a few more titles than he needs to

Only difference here is that I believe in Roman and thought Edge was a joke. He'll be big, but will he draw?

Hes definitely not ready to be in the Main Event, but fast forward a year or two when guys like Batista arent around, I could see it.

Right now i need a great SOLO match from him...ive seen at least 3 very good matches from The Shield that cements why i love that team...but with Roman all of his 1on1s have been very boring and uninteresting to me..I need him to find a way to stand out on his own in the ring.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
:dead: threads like this are what keep me logging into TSC

I like Roman a lot. Heard a few interviews and he seems like a real cool dude. I hope he gets over organically and makes some magic happen.

But.....

Come the fukk on...

I don't know what makes him get people around here so giddy, but saying he's going to be surpass Rock (easily) and possibly Austin, is fukking insane. Currently, he doesn't have the mic skills, ring skills or the experience to even show HINTS of surpassing either of those guys at this stage in his career. A fukking signature move setup is going to put him above literally 99.9999% of all guys who have ever entered the industry?

I have no doubt he's going to get a main event push and a belt or two, but lets be real, you don't get a Hogan/Rock/Austin out of thin air. Look at all the legends you'd have to skip to even fathom that he's going to get to that level. Even an Edge like career would be an amazing spot given what I've seen so far. And it's crazy to even make that statement now.

Just let that man cook...