my girlfriend setting the dvr to record "the slap" unappreciation

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
I'm gonna watch it just for the fukkery of being the worst show name in the history of television
They're trying to act like it's a serious show and supposed to be a "conversation starter", then they give it that name. :pachaha:

Sounds like some goofball game show on ABC.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
:scust: we're already low on space and she wanna waste more by recording this trash.

NBC has terrible shows
:ufdup: Chicago Fire & Chicago PD is the shyt. But I agree, at least she isn't recording every fukking Tyler Perry show on OWN & Judge Mathis & Being Mary Jane... :sadbron: my mom has so much space wuth that :trash:

Milk N Cookies

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Lol at the greek Grandma sounding like every black parent.
"The brat deserved it"

Show is aight. kind of reminds me of the movie Little Children
But Little Children also had the town pedofile lurking at the swimming pool... Can't look at Jackie Haley (I think that's his last name) the same... Not even as the dirty hippy in Semi-Pro.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
:ufdup: Chicago Fire & Chicago PD is the shyt. But I agree, at least she isn't recording every fukking Tyler Perry show on OWN & Judge Mathis & Being Mary Jane... :sadbron: my mom has so much space wuth that :trash:

man, funny fukkin' story.
We were moving and Chicago fire and Chicago pd came by to film and pay us a whole grip of bread.
you, know my parents turned it down and paid for all the renovations themselves.
I was really mad ass fukk for that lack of hustling entrepreneurship.
all them extra racks down the drain cause of laziness

Art Barr

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Critics been gutting this shyt.

I'm tempted to watch it just or the lulz, but I get mad at bad TV, so I'll just skip it :russ:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
/
Critics been gutting this shyt.

I'm tempted to watch it just or the lulz, but I get mad at bad TV, so I'll just skip it :russ:

There are some bad reviews but I'm like :why:that there are also so many positive ones
http://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-slap-2015/critic-reviews

I mean, this episode was literally WOAT status:beli:

Here are some incredibly true bits of criticism I just quickly grabbed

But it's hard to breathe dramatic life into issues when they're pinned on characters who are both unlikable and unbelievable, mouthing dialogue that constantly hammers those issues home. It's as if every line in the script was written in capital letters — with the exception of the even more ludicrous narration, which was no doubt printed in florid italics.:pachaha:

uniformly absurd character types

the too-prominent, overly obvious voice-over narrator is a truly awful innovation.

The Slap has the ideas and the assembled talent to make a better, subtler character exploration, but it’s brought down by hamhanded characterization and an assemblage of bourgeois-Brooklyn types that it’s impossible (even for another bourgeois-Brooklyn type) to care about.:ehh:

Meant to provoke, it's about as subtle as a slap.... It's also a "Saturday Night Live" parody waiting to happen.:russ:

Maybe in an airy Broadway theater the issues the show attempts to explore would play better, but on TV The Slap suffocates, packed with too many awful characters I don't want to spend another moment watching.:francis:

endlessly irritating:bryan:

Milk N Cookies

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
We were moving and Chicago fire and Chicago pd came by to film and pay us a whole grip of bread.
you, know my parents turned it down and paid for all the renovations themselves.

Art Barr
:dahell: you coulda told Laroyce how us coli ladies love him. but oh well, maybe next time they'll come through & ur parents will let them do it. I know PD did some filming in Harvey too.

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
I saw this on last night and thought it was a reality show because of that name :mjlol:

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
In Andy Greenwald's review (dope dude btw) he linked to a tweet that best describes this show:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi

Art Barr
:ohhh:
what episode???? was it for?? do u know?