My friend is 410lbs

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
First thing First, Be there for your friend, treat the person as a person not a sad charity case, talk to your friend about your concern for his/her health.

And don't force him/her let the person know when they are ready you willing to help.

The person is 410, start off with a clean diet, lots of water and 30 minutes of walking a day and get in the gym

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
The person is 410, start off with a clean diet, lots of water and 30 minutes of walking a day and get in the gym
Breh this is a full time job

We talking about a dude who puts salt on TV dinners. If hes not going to lead the charge for his own health nobody can help him :francis:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps

We talking about a dude who puts salt on TV dinners. If hes not going to lead the charge for his own health nobody can help him :francis:
Yeah it's pretty sad to watch. I don't get blown away by what people eat often, but that episode the other night I couldn't believe it.

I have a plan that might motivate him to do it himself, but friends and family have done all that can be done in terms of trying to provide positive words to try and get him to change his eating habits a bit. I started this thread 3 years ago.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Food addiction is real. Battling addiction is a lifetime fight. Also your body works against you because it considers normal the large size one becomes. It’s an uphill battle.

Wink Beaufield

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Southeast DC
I been there at one point after my accident. What helps me get the weight down besides diet is riding a recumbent trike everywhere throughout the city.

4a3jowL.jpg

These things are easy on the body and joints while still getting good exercise.

http://tridenttrikes.com/jouta-delta/products/titan/

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
I got a vitamix and a thermos and I eat soup for lunch every day. I usually make either tomato soup or broccoli cheddar. It's pretty low cal and since I'm at work I don't care as much. Some days it's crackers with the soup and a sandwich. I can usually keep my lunch calories under 600. It is an immense help in keeping my daily calories low. Only takes 5 mins to make the soup and it's still warm mid day.

If he wants to lose weight he's gonna have to prepare home cooked meals mostly.
I need to start incorporating soup into my diet. I’m not sure where to start though. :patrice:

Does Vitamix provide recipes?

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
Obviously any strenuous workout program is not going to work, but I was thinking some light walking to start off. I am going to start off by asking him to list ALL that he is eating on a daily basis for about a week to see where things are.
You’re a good friend breh

Instead of letting him basically make a self-hate inducing list

How about keeping it simple

Explain the risks of obesity, specifically heart issues at a very young age

Then explain that the process to slim down is easy

He needs to get less calories in than he burns and his body will change

Obviously he can’t do much excercise so his best friends now are:

-water
-healthy diet

He needs to build healthy habits (drink a glass of water every 1.5-2 hours, replace greasy food with cooked/steam boiled food) etc

And you can help him

He is getting his food somehow, I’d focus on that. If he orders in a lot, help him rethink where and what he orders

Perhaps he can get a meal service to drop healthy meals?

You can really get him to a different place

A part of this could be eating due to emotional reasons, talk with him or perhaps he needs to find an online therapist

At one point he WILL start losing weight. He will also relapse maybe, but he has you to stop that from happening.

You could also introduce a cheat day eg on Sundays he can have 1 bad meal and a dessert to give him something to look forward to as a reward during the week (but maybe this is playing with fire in his case)

At one point when he can start walking around the neighborhood, then the sky’s the limit because he can start burning calories faster. You can also have him walk in place at home first. Any excercise.

There are online tools to calculate calculate calories needed per day to go from a certain weight to a goal weight. Use that (enter his height, sex, age, weight) and you’ll know what amount of calories he can’t surpass per day and should get per day.

Just Google ‘Calorie calculator for weight loss’

Good luck breh

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
You’re a good friend breh

Instead of letting him basically make a self-hate inducing list

How about keeping it simple

Explain the risks of obesity, specifically heart issues at a very young age

Then explain that the process to slim down is easy

He needs to get less calories in than he burns and his body will change

Obviously he can’t do much excercise so his best friends now are:

-water
-healthy diet

He needs to build healthy habits (drink a glass of water every 1.5-2 hours, replace greasy food with cooked/steam boiled food) etc

And you can help him

He is getting his food somehow, I’d focus on that. If he orders in a lot, help him rethink where and what he orders

Perhaps he can get a meal service to drop healthy meals?

You can really get him to a different place

A part of this could be eating due to emotional reasons, talk with him or perhaps he needs to find an online therapist

At one point he WILL start losing weight. He will also relapse maybe, but he has you to stop that from happening.

You could also introduce a cheat day eg on Sundays he can have 1 bad meal and a dessert to give him something to look forward to as a reward during the week (but maybe this is playing with fire in his case)

At one point when he can start walking around the neighborhood, then the sky’s the limit because he can start burning calories faster. You can also have him walk in place at home first. Any excercise.

There are online tools to calculate calculate calories needed per day to go from a certain weight to a goal weight. Use that (enter his height, sex, age, weight) and you’ll know what amount of calories he can’t surpass per day and should get per day.

Just Google ‘Calorie calculator for weight loss’

Good luck breh
It's been 3 years he said he can't help breh cuz he doesn't wanna change
Still the same size
:wow: