My cardio heads..

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Every day!?

From what weight to what weight?

Pretty much everyday, If I missed a day it was not intentional.

I started out at 320lbs. 200lbs or just under was my standard weight for a long time. I hover around 190lbs right now. Been as low as 173, but that was pure ignorance for a weightloss contest.

The everyday thing comes from a fear of gaining the weight back or missing out on a day of progress. Or missing an opportunity to reward myself with food, which is my 1st love:mjcry:

It's a mean psychosis to live with everyday.:wow:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Pretty much everyday, If I missed a day it was not intentional.

I started out at 320lbs. 200lbs or just under was my standard weight for a long time. I hover around 190lbs right now. Been as low as 173, but that was pure ignorance for a weightloss contest.

The everyday thing comes from a fear of gaining the weight back or missing out on a day of progress. Or missing an opportunity to reward myself with food, which is my 1st love:mjcry:

It's a mean psychosis to live with everyday.:wow:
Oh that dismorphia is real sir.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hawkeyes in the building.

I run outside when the weather is decent (every year I consider getting cold weather gear and keeping it going ... but then I imagine myself hitting the ice and getting injured/dying of embarrassment, so I don't do it).

Winter cardio is jump rope double unders (I just do a set of 30-50 between lifts or ab exercises), or the stair climbing thing.

:scust:

Neither of you listing your "reppin" locatoin

:scust:

Grow some nuts, I been the lone person reppin Iowa on this site and SOHH since '01:skip:

Just popping in real quick to say Kirk Ferentz is a fraud.

:manny:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Biking is better than running IMO, but with exercise bikes you have to really take care to set up resistance properly.

A good one with digital controls will let you ride to maintain a certain wattage. See what wattage corresponds with a ~70% max HR for you and go from there.

I disagree. I bike and run. I run all the time, and bike less cuz it's winter. but running is better cardio. I can bike without breaking a sweat. with cardio, I sweat like a pig even in the winter time running outside in temps below 30 degrees.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
I disagree. I bike and run. I run all the time, and bike less cuz it's winter. but running is better cardio. I can bike without breaking a sweat. with cardio, I sweat like a pig even in the winter time running outside in temps below 30 degrees.
U must not be biking hard enough. U have to bike ~2-3x the speed u run to get the same kind of cardio results. Its a lot easier on your knees and studies have shown lower impact cardio like cycling and swimming coincide better with lifting. It has to be on a real bike though, not that stationary bullshyt. If it is on stationary, you have to be able to control your wattage.... spin bikes and bikes with no power control are worthless in the context of consistency.

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
I usually do my cardio by walking on the treadmill for an hour. I crank up the incline to 15.0 and start off with 3.0 speed. I increase the speed by 0.2 at 10-minute intervals. Believe me, by the time you're done doing this, you will be drenched in massive sweat.