My cardio heads..

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ive been lifting for awhile now, but never really been much of a cardio person since i graduated highschool a few years ago

I decided to start riding that bike for a couple miles a day.. but i dont feel shyt compared to if i ran on the treadmill for a mile lol

so should i even be on that thing?

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
How long you ride the bike? I don't really feel anything unless I'm really pedaling and going uphill, if I'm not mistaken biking is more of a low impact cardio workout.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Ive been lifting for awhile now, but never really been much of a cardio person since i graduated highschool a few years ago

I decided to start riding that bike for a couple miles a day.. but i dont feel shyt compared to if i ran on the treadmill for a mile lol

Depends on the goal. Cardio is just elevating your heart rate for X amount of time. That can be done on a treadmill, bike, lifting, burpees, etc.

You can do is for longer periods at a lower heart rate or shorter periods at higher heart rates. That's personal preference.

Relative to your question it sounds like you need to increase the intensity on the bike to get the same impact from running.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Biking is better than running IMO, but with exercise bikes you have to really take care to set up resistance properly.

A good one with digital controls will let you ride to maintain a certain wattage. See what wattage corresponds with a ~70% max HR for you and go from there.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA

You can pace yourself either go by the RPM or MPH gauge. If it's too easy and you aren't even sweating, try to up your RPMs and maintain it for a mile. Since biking is easier than running. You'll be able to go multiple miles.

Amphibious

Land, water, wherever.
Daps
Using machines to do cardio is useless. Try running outside for a change. I run 2 times a week at a 3 mile length. I lift 3 times a week. Hope this helps :manny:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Had this same question, i get bored as fukk after a few minutes on thr treasdmil and my feet be on fire

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I bike atleast 7 miles (about 30 mins) a day at various resistance. I usually keep my heartrate between 140-160 though... sometimes 120-130 if i'm chilling