my brother said Spider-Man was more popular than Batman

who is more popular Batman or Spider-Man?

• Batman

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Spider-Man

Votes: 23 79.3%

• Total voters

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I agree that Spidey has the belt right now but y'all gotta keep in mind that Lego Batman was HUGE with kids too, it's not like he's only had serious and for adults representations exclusively in the last decade.
This a good point but the lego brand is a subculture within itself, I feel like when they put that lego in front of the name, it's not really doing anything for it, just benefits lego.

Like I don't know any kids who got into star wars because they played lego star wars, but I know kids who played lego star wars and got into lego.

It's kind of an outlier situation. But either way it's still valid, lego batman movie did well too

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This a good point but the lego brand is a subculture within itself, I feel like when they put that lego in front of the name, it's not really doing anything for it, just benefits lego.

Like I don't know any kids who got into star wars because they played lego star wars, but I know kids who played lego star wars and got into lego.

It's kind of an outlier situation. But either way it's still valid, lego batman movie did well too

Yeah, Lego is Lego. If you like the kind of games and movies they make then you’re just kind of a fan of Lego, whether its Star Wars, marvel, lego movie, etc.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
It’s Spider-Man between both Peter and Miles.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Halloween-2023_04.jpg

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:yeshrug:I think one of Spidey’s main contributing factor to his popularity. That’s kinda exclusive to him, that his contemporaries doesn’t have is his youthfulness. For some reason the character of Spider-Man is always associated with his youth. So much the Marvel refuses to let Peter grow up. Even if some of his biggest stories happened when he was an adult. Think about it when you think about Batman or Superman. You picture a grown ass man lol like someone in their 30s and up. But when you think about Spider-Man you’ll probably picture a teenager, or someone in their 20s. Not to say Spider-Man is for kids lol, but the energy from the character. Right down to the way he traverses, his powers, and the fact he quips with his villains screams youth.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:yeshrug:I think one of Spidey’s main contributing factor to his popularity. That’s kinda exclusive to him, that his contemporaries doesn’t have is his youthfulness. For some reason the character of Spider-Man is always associated with his youth. So much the Marvel refuses to let Peter grow up. Even if some of his biggest stories happened when he was an adult. Think about it when you think about Batman or Superman. You picture a grown ass man lol like someone in their 30s and up. But when you think about Spider-Man you’ll probably picture a teenager, or someone in their 20s. Not to say Spider-Man is for kids lol, but the energy from the character. Right down to the way he traverses, his powers, and the fact he quips with his villains screams youth.

Even more so now that Miles is becoming more popular.

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
I agree that Spidey has the belt right now but y'all gotta keep in mind that Lego Batman was HUGE with kids too, it's not like he's only had serious and for adults representations exclusively in the last decade.

yes, kat's acting like Batman didn't have Batman the Animated Series, Batman Beyond, the video games, Justice League cartoon, Teen Titans, and the million DC animated movies which are piff, however I must admit DC animated movies are not geared towards young kids but teens and adults

Yo brother didn't tell you shyt lol. You just wanted a reason to make this thread

lmao, nah real talk me and my bro had this conversation, if I wanted to make this thread independently I still would've made it, lol

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
yes, kat's acting like Batman didn't have Batman the Animated Series, Batman Beyond, the video games, Justice League cartoon, Teen Titans, and the million DC animated movies which are piff, however I must admit DC animated movies are not geared towards young kids but teens and adults

A lot of those cartoons haven’t even been active for years. The only thing that’s been putting in work is Teen Titans and that’s not directly associated with Batman anymore

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
A lot of those cartoons haven’t even been active for years. The only thing that’s been putting in work is Teen Titans and that’s not directly associated with Batman anymore

I see what you're saying, let me just put this plainly, Batman is more ICONIC than Spider-Man