my brother said Spider-Man was more popular than Batman

who is more popular Batman or Spider-Man?

• Batman

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Spider-Man

Votes: 23 79.3%

• Total voters

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
lol them Batman fans dead as shyt lol

Spider-Man is easy

I don't fukk with MCU but it's clear Spiderman has made a leap over Batman from when I was a kid to now. Batman fans probably skew older now and while he's obviously still super popular it's not hard to see why Spiderman is #1. Younger hero, appeals to little kids more, etc.

Interesting to me how Superman remains a top 5 hero for people/kids. And interesting Iron Man is so popular because when I was a kid in the 90s/00s nobody gave a fukk about him.

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps
the concept of a billionaire putting on a suit and beating up people isn't appealing to this gen, that's why all the new batman stuff (even animated) is geared towards adults and just reiterating the same stories we grew up with (if they do red hood one more mf time)

spidey being a broke cac/nikka dealing with real life issues will always be compelling to kids and teens, plus the movies and games are all poppin rn

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I agree that Spidey has the belt right now but y'all gotta keep in mind that Lego Batman was HUGE with kids too, it's not like he's only had serious and for adults representations exclusively in the last decade.

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the concept of a billionaire putting on a suit and beating up people isn't appealing to this gen, that's why all the new batman stuff (even animated) is geared towards adults and just reiterating the same stories we grew up with (if they do red hood one more mf time)

spidey being a broke cac/nikka dealing with real life issues will always be compelling to kids and teens, plus the movies and games are all poppin rn
I can only remember they doing under the red hood, what other times are you referring to?

darryl

Superstar
Daps
Like people said, they go back and forth with it. When the Tobey Maguire movies were coming out, Spidey was undoubtedly the man. Dc put a hold on movies for some years during that time thanks to Batman and Robin 97. So Batman was regulated to cartoons basically. However, after the Tobey Maguire movies, and before the mcu took off, I'll say during that window, Batman was no question the big dog. He had the Nolan movies going on and the Arkham games at the same time.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Spider-Man at the moment. he reaches a larger demographic, 5 year olds like it and grown ass men like it.

Batman has been grim-dark edgelord shyt for two decades now. Nolan movies, Snyder movies, and now Pattington movies…when i was growing up batman was mad goofy, had mad toys and movies with nipples on the suits. Losing the Bruce Timm universe meant losing the youth

Superman is just irrelevant to people today. It’s a boomer superhero. Anyone that stans superman is like 45+

darryl

Superstar
Daps
Spider-Man at the moment. he reaches a larger demographic, 5 year olds like it and grown ass men like it.

Batman has been grim-dark edgelord shyt for two decades now. Nolan movies, Snyder movies, and now Pattington movies…when i was growing up batman was mad goofy, had mad toys and movies with nipples on the suits. Losing the Bruce Timm universe meant losing the youth

Superman is just irrelevant to people today. It’s a boomer superhero. Anyone that stans superman is like 45+
This guy is correct

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
It's definitely Spider-Man now specifically because of kids and kid related content. Batman hasn't had a kids show since Brave and the Bold, everything Batman is catered to adults right now.

When I was growing up (late 90-early 00s) I'd say it was about even. It shifted in Batman's favor with the nolan trilogy and then shifted back into Spider-Man's favor with the MCU and Spiderverse.

Neither have had a notable cartoon in like 10 years but I don't think kids care about cartoons as much as previous generations in the streaming era.
I got kids and Batman has a show for kids but it's based on the vehicles. It's called Batwheels and is like a bite of Cars the movie. Batman is in it but the Batmobile is the star. lol

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Spidey has an edge right now, but it's not massive.

Top 3 are still Spidey, Bats, and Supes.

That Supes logo is iconic and he's going nowhere. 99% of characters would love to be in Supes "dead" spot. :francis: