My boy, strugglin' with weight issues, just made his 157th straight day at the gym...

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
all that time in the gym and to lose that little weight is peculiar..........

what is he doing, literally going to the gym, touching the door then leaving or what?

cause for real, when someones that big they tend to shed the outrageous weight FAST just by doing anything positive in regards to health (I.E. walk.....)

but he doesnt even need to be doing strenous work at his stage anyway......he needs to be changing his diet (eating less) and drinking mad water and simply walking............

First off, thank you for your feedback.

As far as I know, once you hit around 40 your metabolism doesn't operate the same way as, say, a 30 year old. I'm not with him every day, but all I can say is this, he almost lost damn near 100 pounds in less than a year. In the grand scheme of the things, that's not that long.

Remember, he's doing this naturally, before this he was inactive (from a sports playing perspective) for over 10 years. No diet pills, no drugs, so the steps are gonna take a little longer.

Remember, we live in an instant-gratification, fast-food, microwave society. But if you look at the big picture, the progress, while slow, is still progress.

And finally, from what I've gathered, the faster you lose the weight, the faster you gain it back. He told me he wants to lose the weight, but not lose it abornmally fast - that could lead to potential problems.

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
Well, for the last 30 days he's going to go on a (nutritious) liquid diet. He hopes to get close to 300 as he closes in on the 199th day. (His ultimate goal is 200lbs, but he's not gonna achieve that within this particular goal)

As far as the skin is concerned, he addressed that to me and for the entire feat he's been working with a powerlifter to tighten shyt up, so he don't look...

:flabbynsick:

Thank you for your feedback Mr. Pink, it's greatly appreciated! I'm hoping some of the responses (even the assh0le ones) get him to sign up to this site. Cause he has the same sense of humor as ya.
All I can say is :salute: to that man for having the guts to do the right thing. I was very skinny and frail myself a few years ago and I know how the mind plays tricks on you. Instead of admitting there was a problem and trying to fix it, I would seek validation wherever I could find it, basically anyone and anything that would tell me that I was fine just the way I was. Even though in my heart of hearts I wasn't content with myself, it was easier than eating right and lifting weights.:snoop:

I imagine your friend probably went through something similar. It would have been easy for him to do nothing and blame it all on genetics or join an anti "fat shaming" circle jerk or whatever, or even go the quick and easy route and get a gastric bypass. These days not many have the willpower to work their asses off the old fashioned way.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
will his skin still be all saggy with him losing weight naturally?

He's been training with a power-lifter to address those concerns. His regimen is a combination of cardio and muscle building. That's pretty much all I know, I'm not well-versed in body morphology.

Muscular+Jabba+the+Hut.jpg

Good luck to him.... how tall is he?

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
First off, thank you for your feedback.

As far as I know, once you hit around 40 your metabolism doesn't operate the same way as, say, a 30 year old. I'm not with him every day, but all I can say is this, he almost lost damn near 100 pounds in less than a year. In the grand scheme of the things, that's not that long.

Remember, he's doing this naturally, before this he was inactive (from a sports playing perspective) for over 10 years. No diet pills, no drugs, so the steps are gonna take a little longer.

Remember, we live in an instant-gratification, fast-food, microwave society. But if you look at the big picture, the progress, while slow, is still progress.

And finally, from what I've gathered, the faster you lose the weight, the faster you gain it back. He told me he wants to lose the weight, but not lose it abornmally fast - that could lead to potential problems.

"the faster u lose the weight the faster u gain it back..." what? lol

someone needs to help him out with his diet. For him to have be that big, and in the gym that consistently something isnt right for him to still be over 300 after a year....

him losing 100 is a positive, dont get me wrong...but im sure, at his original weight, if he would have simply ate less, drank more water and walked im sure he would have lost at least the same amount of weight in the same amount of time.

U brought up metabolism and age as a reasoning for him hitting the gym over diet change....but son.....at his age putting that type of foreign stress on his heart is prone to give him a heart attack.

He needs to be working smarter not harder. You should tell him that

my brother

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
Good for him.

I had a friend who lost about 100lbs in less than a year just from lifting, playing pickup basketball, a riding a stationary bike. So, it's definitely possible for this guy to reach his goal, as long as he works hard and sticks with it. :salute:

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
How'd he let himself get that big? Did he just have a poor metabolism, or was he just eating like crap and not doing anything?