My Adventures With Superman (HBO Max, Adult Swim animated series) - trailer out!

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Silver St Cloud had that thick powerlifting body :noah:

Jimmy blowing all his money trying to chase Kara :smh: When will you c00ns learn that PAWGing doesn't pay. Literally. :stopitslime:

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Episode 7 was OK. We're in the same position that we were at the end of episode 6, so there's no progression in the story after 2 episodes :francis:

They could have cut out 50% of the stuff in this episode. I get that they were showing how Lois & Jimmy got into space, but still, not all of that was needed, IMO.

King Static X

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Brainiac basically turned Clark/Kal-El into the Superman variant of Sukuna (from the anime Jujutsu Kaisen).

The final two episodes should be good.

Last edited:

King Static X

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I'm not gonna lie, the Lois & Clark stuff in episode 9 was too sappy and corny for me.

However, the final third of the episode with Brainiac, Kara, and Supes was good.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I only caught season 2 of this show.

I agree the Clark/Lois bits get a bit sappy, but I applaud what they've done with Superman/Clark, essentially making him adult "Gohan". The result is a much more likable/charismatic "square" (with some of those same DBZ elements) compared to the older more stale Clark from the 90s WB toon.

There are things to nitpick but at the same time have this show come out in the early 90s' alongside Batman, Spider-Man, and the X-Men TAS, and we'd be looking back at it in the same nostalgic regard as a Saturday morning classic. It's overall very well done as a kids show that older fans can appreciate.

King Static X

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I only caught season 2 of this show.

I agree the Clark/Lois bits get a bit sappy, but I applaud what they've done with Superman/Clark, essentially making him adult "Gohan". The result is a much more likable/charismatic "square" (with some of those same DBZ elements) compared to the older more stale Clark from the 90s WB toon.

There are things to nitpick but at the same time have this show come out in the early 90s' alongside Batman, Spider-Man, and the X-Men TAS, and we'd be looking back at it in the same nostalgic regard as a Saturday morning classic. It's overall very well done as a kids show that older fans can appreciate.
I agree with a lot of what you said.

Anyway, the Supes in this show does have a less "stale" personality than the '90s Supes. However, I hope by season 3, the show writers drop the "frazzled" feature to Superman's personality. He needs to develop some form of a backbone lol.

I get that he's a young and more inexperienced Superman but it is a bit annoying to still have him constantly get his sh*t rocked and him being not willing to fight most of the time.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Kabedon magical transformations, and random blurting of emotions. This is the softest action adventure show I’ve ever seen. MAwS is for people who like Shoujo but can’t admit they like shoujo.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
453065132_10160392928275823_7825741585446348930_n.jpg

I didn't know Kara's VA was black