MultiVersus Official Announcement Trailer [Warner Smash Bros]

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gonna check him out later tonight when I’m off work :ehh:

I’m actually more excited for the hitbox/hurtbox overhaul, it should make the game feel much tighter overall. Looking at the before and after has me :skip:

hurtbox_2.jpg
Yeah that should definitely help. That contributed to the feeling of hits feeling "off" and not really getting a feel of how moves string together.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Seems like the 15 minutes of fame is up. Current players on Steam has dropped tremendously since launch.

WC653LA.png

That’s par for the course for any F2P game especially only 3 months into into its lifecycle

Outside of Smash it’s been getting streamed WAYYYY more than Brawlhalla, Nickelodeon, and Rivals of Aether and it’s not even close

A strong second place behind the 20 year veteran is not bad at all :manny:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is incredibly good, especially for a fighting game.

Like super super good.

And this is just steam.
I mean this pivot into it being merely a "fighting" game now that it's numbers dropped off a cliff barely two months later is funny seeing as how just a few weeks ago it was hailed as the next big "thing" akin to other big F2p games that's still maintaining huge numbers years later. I don't think this game was ever going to be that big, it just got hype because of a few notable characters in a pretty dry summer release. I always maintained the hype would die down within a month or so. You had people acting like this was the next Fortnite or Apex legends

:mjlol:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That’s par for the course for any F2P game especially only 3 months into into its lifecycle

Outside of Smash it’s been getting streamed WAYYYY more than Brawlhalla, Nickelodeon, and Rivals of Aether and it’s not even close

A strong second place behind the 20 year veteran is not bad at all :manny:
I mean Brawlhalla is 5 years old though as is Rivals. Nickelodeon was a flop months later so this isn't really worth mentioning. The game is solid but people were acting like this was about to take over the F2P world and move Smash to the side were smoking that good shyt.

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
I despise the new updates. The way they really shoehorn the 2v2 mode, the lags, the auto party after just one fight, the small font that shows how much coins you earned.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I mean Brawlhalla is 5 years old though as is Rivals. Nickelodeon was a flop months later so this isn't really worth mentioning. The game is solid but people were acting like this was about to take over the F2P world and move Smash to the side were smoking that good shyt.

The game is still in its infancy so no, it’s not going to be Fortnite status less than 90 days from starting the open beta. It still has some rough edges but if they keep dropping a new character a month and continue to build on the foundation, its success will snowball over time. The devs actually engage the fanbase and implement their feedback too. Give it a year or so and see what happens :sas2:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mean this pivot into it being merely a "fighting" game now that it's numbers dropped off a cliff barely two months later is funny seeing as how just a few weeks ago it was hailed as the next big "thing" akin to other big F2p games that's still maintaining huge numbers years later. I don't think this game was ever going to be that big, it just got hype because of a few notable characters in a pretty dry summer release. I always maintained the hype would die down within a month or so. You had people acting like this was the next Fortnite or Apex legends

:mjlol:
Pivot? I never expected the numbers to stay that high even remotely for a fighting game. I expect them to go up and down with each release of popular characters. While growing over all of support is on point like your typical f2p games.

I'd also love for you to actually point out anyone saying anything you posted because I don't recall anyone saying this was the next big fornite or whatever popular f2p game is out.
If anything they probably were speaking in terms of the genre. Because fighting games don't have anything remotely close to a popular f2p online game outside of this now.
And fighters don't really keep players because they actually take work and dedication to play long term.
The funny thing is I remember people saying the samething about fortnite and apex early on too as far as how they were flashes in the pan. But It's all about how long and well a game gets support nowadays and even with that I don't see the numbers ever getting that high again unless some crazy events and characters get added.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The game is still in its infancy so no, it’s not going to be Fortnite status less than 90 days from starting the open beta. It still has some rough edges but if they keep dropping a new character a month and continue to build on the foundation, its success will snowball over time. The devs actually engage the fanbase and implement their feedback too. Give it a year or so and see what happens :sas2:

Pivot? I never expected the numbers to stay that high even remotely for a fighting game. I expect them to go up and down with each release of popular characters. While growing over all of support is on point like your typical f2p games.

I'd also love for you to actually point out anyone saying anything you posted because I don't recall anyone saying this was the next big fornite or whatever popular f2p game is out.
If anything they probably were speaking in terms of the genre. Because fighting games don't have anything remotely close to a popular f2p online game outside of this now.
And fighters don't really keep players because they actually take work and dedication to play long term.
The funny thing is I remember people saying the samething about fortnite and apex early on too as far as how they were flashes in the pan. But It's all about how long and well a game gets support nowadays and even with that I don't see the numbers ever getting that high again unless some crazy events and characters get added.

I'm just saying, this game definitely had people on here acting like it was going to be Fortnite status just a month ago when it was in NPD sales.

Several people in that thread alluded to it or outright said it. Right now the drop off in player numbers this steep being downplayed as merely "fighting game numbers shyt" is funny when a month ago people were gloating about it being the hottest thing of the year and a new big GAAS game which puts it in the same category of other F2P games that got big like Genshin and others.

Also Fortnite maintained a HUGE active player count monthly since the BR dropped:
As of June 2020, battle royale star Fortnite had approximately 80.4 million monthly active users worldwide. This is up from 78.3 million MAU in September 2018. The cross-platform title which was released in July 2017 has been popular right from the start and reported 350 million registered users worldwide in 2020.

Last edited:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Rick coming soon, likely on Thursday next week if not Tuesday. Supposed to be a fairly large patch coming with him too