multiple sets or one long set?

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
Na I meant major lifts like bench squat, deadlift and Overhead Press IMO shouldn't be done more then 10 reps unless you are really experienced and know what you're doing. I didn't mean to generalize the term major lifts Tho.

Breh you make no sense at all please stop giving advice .

Everything depends on someones end goal.

I been lifting heavy lately but next week I'm going higher reps on everything instead of 8-10 I'm gonna scale weight back a tad and go 12-15.

How you gonna tell someone not to do more than 10 reps if there goal is to lets say cut so they rather do more high reps :what:

Y'all gotta stop with this advice please young :smh:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Breh you make no sense at all please stop giving advice .

Everything depends on someones end goal.

I been lifting heavy lately but next week I'm going higher reps on everything instead of 8-10 I'm gonna scale weight back a tad and go 12-15.

How you gonna tell someone not to do more than 10 reps if there goal is to lets say cut so they rather do more high reps :what:

Y'all gotta stop with this advice please young :smh:

I do agree with you it all depends on someone's goal. But I always considered the 6-8 rep range to be where you would really lift heavy. Then again I have been srsly lifting for barely over a year so I ain't even gonna argue with you cause you def know better then me.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
I do agree with you it all depends on someone's goal. But I always considered the 6-8 rep range to be where you would really lift heavy. Then again I have been srsly lifting for barely over a year so I ain't even gonna argue with you cause you def know better then me.
That's heavy lifting range breh but it's not the end all be all especially for nikkas tryna cut .

I'm scaling back the wight and working on form and real contacting and squeezing every rep out .

Daps
What do y'all do?

I used to do 4 sets of every exercise but lately I do 1, 2 at the most

What I like about it so far is it cuts my workout time down

I work a full-time job so the quicker I can get done with a workout, the better

But what y'all think? I'm not gonna mess up my gains am I?
If it works for your body and your still making gains then go for it. Remember do what works for you

semtex

:)
Daps
one set of 100? :what:

you got baking soda?
PlumpAnguishedFrogmouth.gif

Dray

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
90% my own head, 10% reality.
If it works for your body and your still making gains then go for it. Remember do what works for you

Why encourage foolishness ?

He is right to a certain extent. Very few people have perfect technique/perform each movement correctly and can still make gains. It is better to learn how to do things the tried and true way, but as long as improvements are being made, pain free, then its all good. I remember a couple years back I used to do dumbbell shrugs "wrong" but still made massive gains on my traps. I do them correctly now and will of course benefit from the gains and reduced risk of injury. My point is everyone grows differently.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
He is right to a certain extent. Very few people have perfect technique/perform each movement correctly and can still make gains. It is better to learn how to do things the tried and true way, but as long as improvements are being made, pain free, then its all good. I remember a couple years back I used to do dumbbell shrugs "wrong" but still made massive gains on my traps. I do them correctly now and will of course benefit from the gains and reduced risk of injury. My point is everyone grows differently.
But telling someone to do 100 reps is better :mjlol:

semtex

:)
Daps
Yo if someone is doing 100 reps, moderate/heavy weight, over four sets, 3/4 times a week...we'll be praising the next mr universe lol.
100 reps with moderate/heavy weight? That will not happen over 3-4 sets fam. That would mean 25ish reps per set and you're not using moderate or heavy weight if you can pull that off

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
Yo if someone is doing 100 reps, moderate/heavy weight, over four sets, 3/4 times a week...we'll be praising the next mr universe lol.
100 reps with moderate/heavy weight? That will not happen over 3-4 sets fam. That would mean 25ish reps per set and you're not using moderate or heavy weight if you can pull that off

:mjlol:

Well that ended fast :win: