Reppin
NYC
Like Someone Said, He Wouldn't Average 30 Anything lol

Nate Robinson Would Give That Boy Work

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
You wish lil nikka :mjlol:

Are you talking about Kyle Lowry? He's 6 foot, quick AF and one of the strongest guards in the league. Also, he's a great three point shooter and defender.

Isaiah and Nate are 5'8 but both are built AF, could shoot and handle, fast AF and are crafty/athletic in the air.
That's no different from guys like Spud Webb and Calvin Murphy :yeshrug:

Point is, there's always gonna be a few midgets that can hang in every era, and they don't necessarily have to have otherworldly athleticism to do it. If anything, the rules and trends of today make it easier for skilled short players to contribute and even dominate.

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what if Joe Montana said he'd throw for 5000 yards in today's NFL?

It's essentially the same thing. The rules have changed.

You're comparing Joe Montana to Mugsy Bogues. If someone like Hakeem said he'd average 30 or 35 in today's NBA that's fine. In today's NFL QBs are pretty regularly throwing for 5000 yds and Joe Montana is one of, if not the best QB of all time, so that wouldn't be going out on a limb. Where as the NBA's rule changes haven't led to higher scoring averages for the best players let alone the average ones, and Mugsy Bogues wasn't one of the best players when he played and he wouldn't be one now. Horrible comparison.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
That's no different from guys like Spud Webb and Calvin Murphy :yeshrug:

Point is, there's always gonna be a few midgets that can hang in every era, and they don't necessarily have to have otherworldly athleticism to do it. If anything, the rules and trends of today make it easier for skilled short players to contribute and even dominate.
I feel like nowadays teams are looking for not necessarily tall players but guys with long wingspans and large hands.

I have a hard time seeing a 5'3 pass first PG starting or making the league for that matter. I really can't imagine Muggsy defending in this P&R heavy modern league dudes gonna get caught up in screens and forced to switch onto way bigger players regularly. He will be targeted. Imagine him on Westbrook or Curry.

Murphy, Robinson, Isaiah could score the ball and were a lot taller.

Contrary to popular belief the rules and trends don't benefit offensive players that much and defense as a whole is better than it was 20-30 years ago.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
what if Joe Montana said he'd throw for 5000 yards in today's NFL?

It's essentially the same thing. The rules have changed.
Joe Montana would throw for 5000 in todays NFL though. Muggsy Bogues would not average 30 or anything close to it.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
first off.. one is joe montana and the other is muggsy bogues.. :comeon:

and there have actually been 5000 yard seasons.. even by a mediocre qb like matt stafford.

nobody's averaging 30 assists a game..

this is more like jeff garcia saying he'd average 9000 yards a season in this era :pachaha:

No it's not fool. Joe Montana is arguably the greatest QB of all time :snoop:

This clown mugsey never averaged more than 11 ppg in has career

Not even remotely the same :dead:

I'm surprised that you two can't discern the fact that Muggsy was being hyperbolic.

Of course he wouldn't average 30 literally. His point is that he would ball the fukk out with these rules and have even better numbers than he did for his career .

And the football comparison is apt. If you look at today's game shytty QBs are getting 5K passing years like it's nothing. You can swap out Montana for middle of the pack yet talented passer of that era and it's the same

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
I'm surprised that you two can't discern the fact that Muggsy was being hyperbolic.

Of course he wouldn't average 30 literally. His point is that he would ball the fukk out with these rules and have even better numbers than he did for his career .

And the football comparison is apt. If you look at today's game shytty QBs are getting 5K passing years like it's nothing. You can swap out Montana for middle of the pack yet talented passer of that era and it's the same
List of QB's to pass for 5000 yards.

Marino
Brees
Manning
Brady
Stafford

Clearly stafford is the weakest but he had a HOF receiver so it's not that surprising.

Stop acting like middle of the road QBs are putting up 5000 yard seasons every year, that's not the case at all. :ufdup:

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
List of QB's to pass for 5000 yards.

Marino
Brees
Manning
Brady
Stafford

Clearly stafford is the weakest but he had a HOF receiver so it's not that surprising.

Stop acting like middle of the road QBs are putting up 5000 yard seasons every year, that's not the case at all. :ufdup:

Maybe I meant 4000...

That's the one every one is hitting which was once a sign of a great QB ...

AlbertPullhoez

The Takeover
Daps
Reppin
Deuce Dime, TX
Im sure he was using hyperbole here I hope :russ:

But he probably could lead the league in assists in today's league. Of course he not doing 30 assists every night lmao

His speed, ball handling, and passing would translate today.