Mr Robot Season 1 Thread

Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I must admit, this is a damn good show, and I hate TV dramas.

Best writing since Breaking Bad IMO. The character interactions are very unorthodox and the plot is unpredictable - both rare qualities in television.

One element that really drives the show is the music and score. It does a phenomenal job of maintaining the intensity and suspense throughout each episode.

Also, the cinematography is very well done. I love how the lighting isn't contrived and overdone. A lot of scenes are unconventionally dark (literally) which adds to the authenticity.

I will say, I'm not a huge fan of how Malek plays Elliot. I get it, he's on the "spectrum" so he needs to be weird. But I work with a lot of people on the "spectrum" and dude comes off as more of an airhead than anything else. Just my opinion. All the other characters are spot on though. Very good acting all around.

I do think it jumped the shark - just a little - toward the last few episodes but regardless, it held my interest.

Really looking forward to season 2.

onlylno

Haitian American Descended From Slaves
Supporter
Daps
I started watching this again and I'm not sure if I'm bugging - but I'm starting to believe ol boy who plays Tyrell might make a dope Dr. Doom. European. Plays a sociopath/psychopath/ megalomaniac well. Checks out :yeshrug:

Doom's not just a "sociopath/psychopath/ megalomaniac"

Doom's the dictator of a small European state who also happens to be the second smartest man alive and the premier expert on robotics and energy manipulation.

He's essentially a cross between Mandark, Vladimir Putin, and Muammar Gaddafi,

You need an actor who can convey the kind of presence that comes with that amount of power and megalomania.

Tyrell just seems too week to play Doom. In fact, I think the chick who plays Tyrell's wife would make a better Doctor Doom than him.

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
I was made late just finished up the finale but brehs ...

DxiV7bN.gif

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I just finished it today. Started watching a month ago.

I mean...its alright. I applaud its creativity but right now its the definition of "doing too much". Like with this white mask Tyrell thing. If that is the case...it doesnt make sense for it to be him. The whole time it seemed as if Elliots dad was the white mask. *scratches head*. Essentially there are a lot of things that take place in the show that act as twists or whatever...but they dont really make sense. That or I'm thinking too much / not watching it closely enough. It's just a bit corny to me.

-Elliot is starting to become an annoyance as well. Great actor...but his character is becoming too cringeworthy / whiny.

-Overall I'm not truly entertained watching the show. It was only 10:30 when I watched the finale but it was dozing me off. :patrice:.

I'm on the fence. Whether or not I watch season 2 will depend on how quickly it comes / what time of year it drops. Wrong timing and I can see myself falling off of it like I did after the third season of Dexter, after the first season of True Blood...and even Halt and Catch fire.

Right now its a 7/10 to me
:mindblown: you missed one of the best seasons in the history of tv, well maybe not all that but that was the best season of the series.. True blood was the shyt up until season 4, you should atleast watch season 2..

As for this show, I am scratching my head at the big reveal, Fight club pulled it off but why would you follow somebody that clearly has multiple personalities. Someone else had to see that, I kind of want to go back and watch the earlier interations between them to see if it all makes sense.. I also HATE the fact that they left us with a cliff hanger and even the after credit scene did nothing to shed anymore light on what happend.. We shoulld have atleast got a hint at what happend to Tyrell, who by the way was my least favorite character, I really dont want to see a whole season about him..

I am ok with Angel joining the illuminati lol, since she has nothing else and was glad she bossed up on that shoe salesman, talking about too pushy.. at the end of the day this show was different and tried to give us something to talk about with that twist and seemingly has alot more story to tell. I give it a 8/10 and will check back after the season is over cause I would hate waiting week to week for this show..

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked Tyrell as a bad guy with his own arch and the relationship with his wife. Didn't expect him to OD on the roof.

Don't know about all that mind fukk shyt they was doing. But I liked the show overall. Got me through my Sunday morning shifts.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I was cool with all of those other things. The second he said the sister shyt I was on the verge of :beli: but I let it play out. I'm gonna see how this all ties together before shytting on it though. "Crazy" is a very dangerous tool to use in film and TV. It can come off as very creative and clever or come off as extremely gimmicky and lazy.
for real man

the im your sister twist was lazy

this show started off fire then the last few episodes sucked