MR MCMAHON (Netflix Documentary Series - September 25th)

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
This series is average. You can tell this was gonna be a very generic pro McMachon doc with stuff that wrestling fans have already seen in a dozen other docs (Mania start, Steroids, Monday Night Wars, XFL etc) They have criticisms with the stuff you expected (steroids, territory, Owen, XFL, Trish segment), and to his credit he did answer questions on it. But nothing too revealng.
So to wresting fans nothing here is new, it will be interesting to see if casuals/non wrestling fans think of it but even then they probably know all this.

Im on episode 5 so we'll see how episode 6 and the lawsuit stuff goes.
Edit: Them explaining Shane leaving was kinda interesting end of ep 5

Last edited:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Episode 6 hit the dismount a little

Overall an ok series. Like I said if you've follow wrestling in general this is nothing new. I can see how the last episode made people in WWE nervous and Im genuinely curious how people at Netflix feel about it as they clearly okayed while knowing they were headed into business with them.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
If you watch the series with the subtitles on, it shows that Heyman is off camera sitting next to the interviewer when they are interviewing Vince for the whle series
Theres a bit in episode 5 they show both of them asking a question off camera
I haven't made it that far, but that detail is kind of interesting. I wonder if Heyman was the step-in guy if someone asked Vince the wrong kind of question.