MPC 3.0!!

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Explain? Workflow trash? I don’t feel like learning new shyt

Track mute midi events . Right now track mute just cuts the audio instantly instead of muting the midi events .

Akai already said it’s in the software just not enabled and will be fixed.

Track mutes effect every sequence instead of just a specific sequence that you set. It’s not clear if this is getting fixed .

There’s the midi track routing workaround if akai doesn’t fix it

1 workflow change

Programs are tied to a track . You load your program and it’s attached to the track automatically. You don’t have an option to have the programs floating out there anymore .

Clip modes are gone
Clip matrix is gone (They were in a early version )

Right now the arranger is per sequence .so if you are a old MPC head and make tons of sequences (intro , outro , verse , etc..) you still have to go to song mode and bounce your song to 1 sequence if you want to do more daw like editing .

Unless you originally work in 1 sequence only like the main akai video

Last edited:

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Which one you like better? I have a one plus and I think I’m gonna upgrade but I like stuff from the x live and key 37. Not sure which direction to go.

X is the best, 16 Q Links makes everything faster.

Key 37 is a ONE Plus with a keyboard, it can play PC/MAC VST synths and external hardware over USB without going into controller mode. No other MPC can do that, would need midi cables etc..

I take my Live MK1 with me everyday, it's a workhorse. It has less buttons than the One and the MPC Key, so it takes shortcut pad selection and menu memorization to get around. And it has full size pads compared to Key and Plus.

Just depends on how much you are willing to spend, all honesty you are probably fine with the MPC ONE Plus you already have unless the lack of outputs and SSD bay are slowing you down. if you have the bread get a X.

• Dap
Reactions: Jx2

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone know if I can revert back to 2.14 if I'm not fukking with this new workflow??

Im about to boot this shyt up as we speak :lupe::lupe:

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Anyone know if I can revert back to 2.14 if I'm not fukking with this new workflow??

Im about to boot this shyt up as we speak :lupe::lupe:

you can downgrade, make sure you a saving a copy of your song . Songs saved in 3.4 won't open in 2.X[

Daps
Reppin
Denver
X is the best, 16 Q Links makes everything faster.

Key 37 is a ONE Plus with a keyboard, it can play PC/MAC VST synths and external hardware over USB without going into controller mode. No other MPC can do that, would need midi cables etc..

I take my Live MK1 with me everyday, it's a workhorse. It has less buttons than the One and the MPC Key, so it takes shortcut pad selection and menu memorization to get around. And it has full size pads compared to Key and Plus.

Just depends on how much you are willing to spend, all honesty you are probably fine with the MPC ONE Plus you already have unless the lack of outputs and SSD bay are slowing you down. if you have the bread get a X.
The Q links and specifically that they have the screen that tell you what they are controlling is a big plus. I also like the 4 GB ram on the SE, since the one plus can only run like 2 instances of studio strings at a time. But that ones like 2 grand used.

I lose my music room when I have guests over, so the portability of the live would be nice. Same idea for the key. I’d have to plug it in but I wouldn’t have to bring a midi keyboard with me upstairs.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
The Q links and specifically that they have the screen that tell you what they are controlling is a big plus. I also like the 4 GB ram on the SE, since the one plus can only run like 2 instances of studio strings at a time. But that ones like 2 grand used.

I lose my music room when I have guests over, so the portability of the live would be nice. Same idea for the key. I’d have to plug it in but I wouldn’t have to bring a midi keyboard with me upstairs.

Sounds like Live 2 and midi keyboard for the win !