Movies where actors tried to play tough guys and failed

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I don't think he was trying to be a badass, he was in over his head playing two sides that's exactly what I got from his performance.
when he was with the syndicate perhaps but the point of the scene in the shop wear he stomps a mudhole in the crooks head was to showcase how the rigors of being undercover was unraveling him as an individual but it just looked awkward to me. He looked like a kid on the playground not the bad ass another actor like a Bruce Willis or Neeson would have looked..The swearing he did did not come off natural at all either...Sounded like an adolescent that just learned the words and wanted to sound cool around his friends

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I'm extremely angered by this post. Brad Pitt was the SOLE REASON troy was a good movie (imo). Dude walked around really thinking he was a God and Orlando Bloom pretty much got forced to fight every single time when he didn't want to (except when he murdered homeboy out the blue in the beginning) so he wasn't really playing a tough guy, he did play a dude who could fight tho.

I'm saying tho. Said this like early in the thread and got nearly 30 folks agreeing with me, but some ah contrarian fool up in here thought otherwise.:upsetfavre: Some cats just can't believe "pretty-boys" can also be tough guys, since that was part of his flawed argument.

Also, the cat you quoted that mentioned Orlando Bloom in the case as well, wasn't talking about his performance in Troy, but his performance in that Kingdom of Heaving movie. Haven't seen that movie, so I can't comment, but yeah, I can possibly see someone not seeing Bloom as a tough guy. Wait, actually tho, he did solid in that Musketeers movie as a villain.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
:russ:

But he was out there smacking that Go9n of his in the the back of the head so many damn times, he was Hilarious. :manny:

While I can get someone not quite buying him as a villain, I didn't really see Tommy as a tough guy in class act. His lackey was more of the tough guy, but yeah, he was punking him cuz he was the boss.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I'm saying tho. Said this like early in the thread and got nearly 30 folks agreeing with me, but some ah contrarian fool up in here thought otherwise.:upsetfavre: Some cats just can't believe "pretty-boys" can also be tough guys, since that was part of his flawed argument.

Also, the cat you quoted that mentioned Orlando Bloom in the case as well, wasn't talking about his performance in Troy, but his performance in that Kingdom of Heaving movie. Haven't seen that movie, so I can't comment, but yeah, I can possibly see someone not seeing Bloom as a tough guy. Wait, actually tho, he did solid in that Musketeers movie as a villain.
Yeah I was referring to his performance in kingdom, Orlando bloom is not a tough guy in kingdom of heaven, but he can whoop ass in it.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
when he was with the syndicate perhaps but the point of the scene in the shop wear he stomps a mudhole in the crooks head was to showcase how the rigors of being undercover was unraveling him as an individual but it just looked awkward to me. He looked like a kid on the playground not the bad ass another actor like a Bruce Willis or Neeson would have looked..The swearing he did did not come off natural at all either...Sounded like an adolescent that just learned the words and wanted to sound cool around his friends

I kinda figured that's what you meant. I thought it was pretty well acted by him, the one who seemed unnatural was Wahlberg's character. He is the one that broke the immersion to me.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
you buggin
brad pitt made that movie

I'm extremely angered by this post. Brad Pitt was the SOLE REASON troy was a good movie (imo). Dude walked around really thinking he was a God and Orlando Bloom pretty much got forced to fight every single time when he didn't want to (except when he murdered homeboy out the blue in the beginning) so he wasn't really playing a tough guy, he did play a dude who could fight tho.
Yall getting how the character was written mixed up with how the character was performed. In every possible way, Bana's performance outshone everyone in that movie. I don't have to address what I thought of Pitt's performance being good or bad because my point is, it wasn't touching Bana's Hector regardless
:hubieb:.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
:whoo::whoo:
don't know whether they were playing tough guys per se, but brad pitt in troy or orlando bloom in kingdom of heaven!!!
:childplease:
i just could not take any of these pretty boys seriously in those roles after russel crowe had just killed his performance in the gladiator.
for some reason i keep comparing people to crowe when it comes to those 'gladiator' type roles.
no one has come close yet!!!

nikka Brad Pitt damn near made Troy :dahell:

FkvQsz.gif

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
Yall getting how the character was written mixed up with how the character was performed. In every possible way, Bana's performance outshone everyone in that movie. I don't have to address what I thought of Pitt's performance being good or bad because my point is, it wasn't touching Bana's Hector regardless
:hubieb:.

no.

brad pitt slayyed his role

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Pitt held his end but it was bana that killed it so to speak

I always felt bad for Hector. Nikka whole family died and his city was burned to the ground because his bytch ass little brother had to steal another nikka's wife. Now after reading the Iliad its implied that Agamemnon was trying to get Troy for the longest, he only used his brother's wife cheating as an excuse to invade but, he was trying to sack that city for years. But even still, Paris sped the whole thing up by fukking with other nikka's wives and giving nikkas a reason :francis: Also, Hector was really one of the best fighters breathing at the time. The 2nd best. He just wasn't shyt compared to Achilles who had the cheat code being half-God. So I always hated bytch ass Paris for making a thorough ass dude like his brother have to go into a sure fire death. When I say thorough, I mean the Hector from the movie. In the book, Hector ran around the city like 12 times trying to avoid that fade then Achilles caught him :shaq: Still don't fault him though. Achilles was giving out permanent L's to everybody.