Movie plots that probably wouldn't work today

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Harold and Kumar go to White Castle. Today they’d just google its address and punch that into the gps in Harold’s car. No way they get lost like that now, and that means no fukkery all night.

I've always wondered how films like The Godfather would do in this day and age.
As in if it released today? Movies like that really don’t get made anymore. Might be received as tedious due to its run time.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
movie_soul_man.jpg

Although this could be Rachel Donzel’s biography... it still won’t fly.

SilverSamurai

All Star
Daps
Se7en - The "Greed" victim probably would have decent security, so John Doe would get busted before he even gets started with him
Terminator 1 & 2 - The Terminators would hop on Facebook and find John & Sarah
Scarface - Someone would have recorded Tony killing Hector and there would be a manhunt for Tony

HoloGraphic

Trillionaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
And guess what’s getting a remake? Overboard lol

I think fight club would work because I’d say even more today we’re still having the same issues the movie brought up in 99. The movie is all about faux masculinity and consumerism and the bullshyt in the media and “you are not your things” but also how a toxic masculinity can lead you into thinking the world is yours and you can do whatever you want.

Anyway my answer is bill and teds excellent adventure. Can’t use a phone booth as a time travel device

See Mr. Robot.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Harold and Kumar go to White Castle. Today they’d just google its address and punch that into the gps in Harold’s car. No way they get lost like that now, and that means no fukkery all night.
i dont know homie.
i got so high one time, i left Co-Op City to go to Jersey Gardens to get a gift for my mothers birthday and ended up somewhere in a place called Smyrna, Delaware!
:francis:

and that was with the GPS!
:sadbagmj: