Movie plots that probably wouldn't work today

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Damn near every James Bond film would have mans locked up for sexual assault.

shyt w lot of bond tropes have been ironed out over time. In 87 they had him be less sexual because of the aids crisis. In the 70s they started making the female counterparts more into actual characters. He’s also stopped smoking, and there’s less racism in the movies. There’s an article on birth movies death about this desire to see Bond go on a “traditional” mission coinciding with a certain brand of conservatism and nastiness. If I can find it I’ll link you to it

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
And guess what’s getting a remake? Overboard lol

I think fight club would work because I’d say even more today we’re still having the same issues the movie brought up in 99. The movie is all about faux masculinity and consumerism and the bullshyt in the media and “you are not your things” but also how a toxic masculinity can lead you into thinking the world is yours and you can do whatever you want.

Anyway my answer is bill and teds excellent adventure. Can’t use a phone booth as a time travel device
Thats just on the surface, its not what fight club was really about.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Thats just on the surface, its not what fight club was really about.

I’d disagree. I’d say that’s exactly what fight club is about. The loss of identity and trying to figure out who you are as a lost generation but masquerading it under faux masculinity. What would you say it’s about?

Tigron

Superstar
Daps
shyt w lot of bond tropes have been ironed out over time. In 87 they had him be less sexual because of the aids crisis. In the 70s they started making the female counterparts more into actual characters. He’s also stopped smoking, and there’s less racism in the movies. There’s an article on birth movies death about this desire to see Bond go on a “traditional” mission coinciding with a certain brand of conservatism and nastiness. If I can find it I’ll link you to it
Please do. I noticed the changes with Daniel Craig and to a lesser extent Pierce Brosnan but I didn't really pick up on that stuff with the older ones.
:ohhh:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Please do. I noticed the changes with Daniel Craig and to a lesser extent Pierce Brosnan but I didn't really pick up on that stuff with the older ones.
:ohhh:
Bond Talk After Dark: Should Old Acquaintance Be Forgot?

He’s a smart dude. Knows his bond. Likes the bond shyt I write so that’s a plus too:russ: but he mentioned the bond series and bond as a character has become a lot more progressive and liberal. Apparently someone on Twitter is a huge bond fan while at the same time shytted on Rachel Weisz for being Jewish...not realizing she’s married to Daniel Craig.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Proof it was in theatres same time it was on netflix?
:snoop:nikkaz don't know how to use Google now?

The Interview - Wikipedia
Major cinema chains opted not to release the film, leading Sony to release it for online rental and purchase on December 24, 2014, followed by a limited release at select cinemas the next day.

The Interview grossed $40 million in digital rentals, making it Sony's most successful digital release, and earned an additional $11.2 million worldwide at the box office on a $44 million budget.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop:nikkaz don't know how to use Google now?

The Interview - Wikipedia
Major cinema chains opted not to release the film, leading Sony to release it for online rental and purchase on December 24, 2014, followed by a limited release at select cinemas the next day.

The Interview grossed $40 million in digital rentals, making it Sony's most successful digital release, and earned an additional $11.2 million worldwide at the box office on a $44 million budget.
Where else besides America was it released? Didnt even know it hit theaters