Movie franchises that blew it? Ill go first 300

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Leminy Snickets or whatever it was called. I think it was based on kids book. shyt was too dark for people, they weren't ready for that Jim Carey. Probably his best role.
Yup, A Series of Unfortunate Events. Those were my books when I was younger. I think the film only covered Books 1-3? It nailed the atmosphere nailed down just right in comparison to whatever was presented on that Netflix series. Shame.

If we had actually gotten a film series and they stayed faithful to the source material, them stories would’ve got even darker.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
Any of those YA franchises based on book series except Twilight, Harry Potter and Hunger Games.

Percy Jackson, Maze Runner, Divergent, and Narnia never even finished their series. :francis:
i was fukkin with divergent untill it turned into nazi propaganda in that last movie
maze runner did finish their series
maze runner was kinda decent

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
How bout one that never was.

The Dark Tower should have been a movie series, or at least an HBO/Showtime series. They fukked up arguably King's best work by taking 8 books and cramming into one movie. Unlike many of King's other works, he actually stuck the landing on the ending too. Missed opportunity.
jumper and i am no.4

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Yup, A Series of Unfortunate Events. Those were my books when I was younger. I think the film only covered Books 1-3? It nailed the atmosphere nailed down just right in comparison to whatever was presented on that Netflix series. Shame.

If we had actually gotten a film series and they stayed faithful to the source material, them stories would’ve got even darker.

Darker? :picard:

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Jeepers Creepers.

Watched the 1st one last night and it was great. The 2nd one was so bad I never checked out the third. This franchise could have been the 2000s F13th or Nightmare on Elm Street.

Last edited:

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
Jeepers Creepers.

Watched the 1st one last night and it was great. The 2nd one was so bad I never checked out the third. This franchise could have been the 2000s F13th or Nightmare on Elm Street.

wtf thats crazy out of 400 dvds i picked jeepers creepers last nite n thought the same thing!!

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
300 was A great movie. When i heard a sequel was being made i was :ohhh:

Man the 2nd movie was ass!!!! :stopitslime:

They should have made it into a television series after the first movie.

A whole television universe with that style would have been sooooooo dope.

They could have focused on Xerses and the end of the Greco-Persian war, then shifted to the war between Athens and Sparta, and then finally to Phillip coming down from the mountains and taking over Greece after those two destroyed each other which eventually set the stage for his son to take over :banderas: Hollywood always focused on Alexander the Great or the Battle of Thermopylae but, that period in between those events would be just as interesting and the period after Alexander's death where his generals carved up his empire could easily be a Game of Thrones level show.