Movie franchises that blew it? Ill go first 300

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Aliens was my 2nd or 3rd favorite franchise. The original 3rd cut was lame and everything after was trash. The 3rd recut was pretty good though.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Any of those YA franchises based on book series except Twilight, Harry Potter and Hunger Games.

Percy Jackson, Maze Runner, Divergent, and Narnia never even finished their series. :francis:

Twilight was a fukking flop to me, once they cast ugly ass Kristen Stewart it was all over :mjlol:.

I remember in high school all the girls were reading the books religiously and would discuss it all the time. A couple of my homeboy sparknotes'd that shyt and acted like they were fans to get chicks :russ:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Max Payne. It fizzled out just like the games but we didn't even get a sequel to the film

When you attach Mark Wahlberg to something it usually is a fukking flop. Guy has been carried by his costars and white privilege. He's a prolific dude in the industry - has producer credits on damn near every major HBO series

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
How bout one that never was.

The Dark Tower should have been a movie series, or at least an HBO/Showtime series. They fukked up arguably King's best work by taking 8 books and cramming into one movie. Unlike many of King's other works, he actually stuck the landing on the ending too. Missed opportunity.
I hope HBO/Amazon give this another shot. It's a good series.

The Unbreakable film series

M. Night fukked up that third film

It was set up to win.
Split? Wasn't that the third one?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The problem is they already thinking franchise before the first movie is even put out, that's why the fail

the first movie has to be successful enough to create a demand for a sequel, but you have to be aware of it failing, so the movie has to be written into a self contained movie, that can stand on itself, they start making these movies as build up to the next film from the get go, and that's why they fail

the amazing spider-man is the exact example of this, they spent so much time trying to build it into franchise that it collapsed onto itself

Batman didn't become a movie franchise because they tried to do it, Tim Burton made one Batman film, that film can stand on it's own, outside of anything, it established the IP, to the point Batman is coming out in 2022, the first movie was in 1989, it doesn't even need direct sequels or ties to anything, all that is needed is the character because it has proven to be a success.

If the first movie Blade movie wasn't good it never would've been a franchise, they fukked up, by taking the franchise out of the hands of the people who made it successful in the first place, and that's how franchises die, but the reality is because of the first movie, Blade WILL ALWAYS BE ABLE TO HAVE MOVIE MADE, it's solidified just because of that first movie, it's still a franchise