Most Underachieving Country In The Olympics?

Thurgood Thurston III

#LLNB #LLLB #E4R | woooK nypdK
Daps
Reppin
The kirk to the fields
India is the WOAT by far.

China knows they're not winning shyt in sprints, hoops etc., so they load up on table tennis, badminton, shooting etc.

India could win gold in cricket or kabbadi if those were Olympic sports, but they don't have a strong sporting culture...especially sports the rest of the world plays. They got more genetic diversity than most countries but it doesn’t translate into success. Need more $$$ and a desire to win golds. Probably too bureaucratic and corrupt...same as Nigeria.

A lot of it is just fitness. Look at Indians in America. How many (especially the women) do you see going ham in the gym? I see Chinese, white, Black etc., hooping, lifting weights, jogging, doing HIIT etc. Indians don't really value fitness beyond "looking" fit. If you're not pushing your body....you're not winning shyt.

Now that I think about it, has there ever been any Indians in the NBA, NFL, or MLB?

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
India, Nigeria and Pakistan if we're talking raw numbers. But given economic context PLUS population I'd say Argentina and Brazil. For as many people and (in the case of ARG and BRA) not absolute destitution, they don't perform that well internationally. Hell, Brazil just won its FIRST Olympic gold medal in men's soccer in 2016. That's mad.
good call on Brazil, why don't they ever show out at the Olympics? :dahell:

I feel like Brazil should have a lot of crazy high-level athletes considering their population size and high number of Brazilians with explosive genetics :mjpls:

they're really good in fighting, soccer & volleyball and that's it I guess :manny:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
good call on Brazil, why don't they ever show out at the Olympics? :dahell:

I feel like Brazil should have a lot of crazy high-level athletes considering their population size and high number of Brazilians with explosive genetics :mjpls:

they're really good in fighting, soccer & volleyball and that's it I guess :manny:

Not a lot of infrastructure around other sports besides Soccer. And even that, for some reason Brazil don't really dominate at the youth level (and Olympic soccer is mostly U-23s). Brazil has something like 210 million people but a fraction of the wealth of the US.

YaThreadFloppedB!

The Patron Saint of Threads
Daps
Reppin
The Bushes
one of my boys who grew up pretty well off in india, he said when he came over he was fascinated by the idea of recess and loved how americans incorporated sports with school.

he said all he ever did in his free time was study. he hated it but it made college a breeze for him. I said, well how are yall so good at cricket if sports aren’t focused on in school. he said it’s special programs for that and not every kid has an opportunity to play cricket.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
China, the US, and Russia are pro doping only reason those nations are always at the top

Everyone else is trying to get better, those three put most of their effort into beating the system

Man shut the hell up. The US is at the top because we are at least competitive in damn near everything. You take any individual event and there are other countries who can fare better but the fact that we are in everything……..competitively………gives us the edge.

For example we only won 1 more gold medal in swimming than Australia. But Australia is trash in everything except swimming so we destroy them in medals.

Korea is miles better than us in shooting and and archery.

Japan is good in men’s gymnastics.

Etc…….