Most Underachieving Country In The Olympics?

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
India is a clear number 1 considering how many people they have. really should be up there with China and the US.

Low-Key, I think Germany underachieves majorly. they should be the top country in Europe but underachieve when compared to smaller countries like the UK, France, Italy, even the fukking Netherlands etc

Last edited:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
India is a clear number 1 considering how many people they have. really should be up there with China and the US.

Low-Key, I think Germany underachieves majorly. they should be the top country in Europe but underachieve when compared to smaller countries like the UK, France, Italy etc

India, Nigeria and Pakistan if we're talking raw numbers. But given economic context PLUS population I'd say Argentina and Brazil. For as many people and (in the case of ARG and BRA) not absolute destitution, they don't perform that well internationally. Hell, Brazil just won its FIRST Olympic gold medal in men's soccer in 2016. That's mad.

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\
Jamaica don't seem to be doing too well in track.

Daps
India is the WOAT by far.

China knows they're not winning shyt in sprints, hoops etc., so they load up on table tennis, badminton, shooting etc.

India could win gold in cricket or kabbadi if those were Olympic sports, but they don't have a strong sporting culture...especially sports the rest of the world plays. They got more genetic diversity than most countries but it doesn’t translate into success. Need more $$$ and a desire to win golds. Probably too bureaucratic and corrupt...same as Nigeria.

A lot of it is just fitness. Look at Indians in America. How many (especially the women) do you see going ham in the gym? I see Chinese, white, Black etc., hooping, lifting weights, jogging, doing HIIT etc. Indians don't really value fitness beyond "looking" fit. If you're not pushing your body....you're not winning shyt.

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\
They just gotta add Cricket or competitive programming to the Olympics and India would sweep those medals