Most disappointing career: JCC Jr, Amir Khan, Victor Ortiz, or Adrien Broner?

Which of these fighters has been the most disappointing?

• Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

• Amir Khan

• Victor Ortiz

• Adrien Broner

Results are only viewable after voting.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
So Ring Gang back with another one for ya.

The homies (@LauderdaleBoss & @patscorpio) and I had an interesting topic we talked about, regarding disappointing careers. All 4 mentioned could be argued to have been disappointments. But which one in your mind is the biggest disappointment :jbhmm:

This was a hot topic on Twitter

We went further into it on the podcast

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
For me, it has to be JCC Jr.

You could argue that he was the least talented of the 4 and that should remove him from being the biggest disappointment/underachiever. But the fact of the matter is that he had the hype train behind him from the start. He of course had the name. And he was given countless opportunity after opportunity after opportunity. So regardless of how talented he was or wasn't, he was given waaaay too many chances that many talented fighters couldn't dream of. He had people who believed in him. And he fumbled damn near all his chances.

Plus let down his family name.

The gif says it all
tenor.gif

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Khan had the skill but no chin. Not his fault

JCC was lazy and never really had the heart for it.

Broner was always a drugged out social media clown waiting to happen.

Ortiz had the skill and hype, but just didnt have it mentally. The signs were there in the maidana fight but after the floyd fight he just was in lala land

Last edited:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
For me, it has to be JCC Jr.

You could argue that he was the least talented of the 4 and that should remove him from being the biggest disappointment/underachiever. But the fact of the matter is that he had the hype train behind him from the start. He of course had the name. And he was given countless opportunity after opportunity after opportunity. So regardless of how talented he was or wasn't, he was given waaaay too many chances that many talented fighters couldn't dream of. He had people who believed in him. And he fumbled damn near all his chances.

Plus let down his family name.

The gif says it all
tenor.gif

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Broner's career is the most overachieving disappointment you can find when you think about it. :mjlol:
Dude was hot and cold while living off the Demarco fight, still became a top draw in the sport, and still ended up getting a big Pac fight after years of BJS'ing it.

Khan had a similar hot and cold career and never got a big fight with Floyd or Pac. :snoop:
Just got years knocked off his career by a bigger guy in Canelo that wasn't as popular as Floyd or Pac.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Broner's career is the most overachieving disappointment you can find when you think about it. :mjlol:
Dude was hot and cold while living off the Demarco fight, still became a top draw in the sport, and still ended up getting a big Pac fight after years of BJS'ing it.

Khan had a similar hot and cold career and never got a big fight with Floyd or Pac. :snoop:
Just got years knocked off his career by a bigger guy in Canelo that wasn't as popular as Floyd or Pac.
And khan fights were mostly entertaining too :snoop:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How was Khan’s career a disappointment? He had was getting knocked down by guys like Willie Limond and Michael Gomez, and then got knocked out by Prescott, all before even he reached the world class level.

If this is happening on the domestic level, what makes you think it would be different on the world class level?

If anything his career went how it should have went.

I always view JCC jr as a project learning on the job.

Ortíz was legit nice coming up. Maybe him, because his ass has been kicked too many times for his skill set.

Last edited:

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I think Victor IMO. Chavez Jr. had that gargantuan shadow of his father to overcome, he was already loved and expectations were high because of Sr. to Mexican fans. He had the odds against him from jump and he was spoiled lazy.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
How was Khan’s career a disappointment? He had was getting knocked down by guys like Willie Limond and Michael Gomez, and then got knocked out by Prescott, all before even he reached the world class level.

If this is happening on the domestic level, what makes you think it would be different on the world class level?
Manny Pacquiao got KO'd by 2 random Asians at the beginning of his career, but then when he fought world class competition, his chin held up :yeshrug:

Amir had a lot of hype coming up, then had some pretty good wins early in his career, then turned into a human highlight reel.

That's pretty disappointing if you ask me

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Manny Pacquiao got KO'd by 2 random Asians at the beginning of his career, but then when he fought world class competition, his chin held up :yeshrug:

Amir had a lot of hype coming up, then had some pretty good wins early in his career, then turned into a human highlight reel.

That's pretty disappointing if you ask me

Manny is an anomaly. You can’t compare anyone to what he did.