Mortal Kombat conquest is pure fukkery

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Hopefully the next MK movie is on point. I'm sure it'll lead to bigger things.:ohlawd:

They need a director breh. I'm surprised so many MK fans missed that one.

‘Mortal Kombat’ Movie Director Kevin Tancharoen Moves On

Kevin Tancharoen has departed from New Line’s “Mortal Kombat” movie.

“After 3 years of Kombat,” Tancharoen said on his Twitter account, “I’ve decided to move on to other creative opportunities. I wish everyone involved in the movie big success. Thanks!”

Tancharoen did not disclose if another director has been selected.

Tancharoen’s “Mortal Kombat: Legacy” web series (pictured above) recently released its second season.

New Line had disclosed in 2011 that it was rebooting “Mortal Kombat,” based on Tancharoen’s short film and web series “Mortal Kombat: Rebirth.”

Rights to the property were part of the Midway Games assets that New Line parent Warner Bros. picked up in bankruptcy court in 2009 for the fire-sale price of $33 million along with “Spy Hunter,” “Joust” and several other game franchises.

Midway debuted the video game in 1992 with a story focusing on the monk Liu Kang to save Earth from an evil sorcerer. New Line’s “Mortal Kombat” movie grossed over $120 million worldwide in 1995 and its sequel “Mortal Kombat: Annihiilation” cumed $50 million two years later.

Tancharoen directed MGM’s reboot of “Fame” in 2009 and the “Glee” concert movie.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
See now I want to see this. That show on YouTube is cool but this shyt would be phenomenal. Focus it on Liu Kang and the rest of the monks while you've got outworld playing the role of the Lannister's and the amount of treachery going on there.

Breh the show would contain so much piff.:ohlawd:

Just like GOT you spend the first few episodes fleshing out everybody's backstories and how they're all intertwined. And then by like the 4th or 5th episode after all the players involved have been introduced fates collide everything finally comes to a head at the Mortal Kombat tournament.

:whew:

LA Fisher

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Outside @lovelydays window
They need a director breh. I'm surprised so many MK fans missed that one.
900de8aa_dylano.gif

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Breh the show would contain so much piff.:ohlawd:

Just like GOT you spend the first few episodes fleshing out everybody's backstories and how they're all intertwined. And then by like the 4th or 5th episode after all the players involved have been introduced fates collide everything finally comes to a head at the Mortal Kombat tournament.

:whew:

That's what the YouTube show has been doing but I'm not sure what the status of that is. I think it may have been 2 seasons and that's it now that the director/producer/only reason the shyt existed left the project and anything Mortal Kombat related

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Yeah breh that happened in October. And seeing as how this was his passion project, I have no clue what the studio is doing with the project now. He did his MK Rebirth short, crushed the buildings, which got him meetings with the studio about a movie and they said "do the tv show and then we'll talk about the movie" he did that and the movie was greenlit and then out of the fukkin blue he drops out. But apparently he's still doing the show:

With Legacy, you have approached each season differently, with the first one being an anthology of sorts.

With Legacy Season 1, it was kind of a big experiment. No one has done it before, and we didn’t know if should be an anthology or connected. We did the first one as an anthology and the second one more serialized. In the future, it will definitely be more connected and more cohesive.

We are starting to talk about it [Legacy Season 3] literally this week (knock on wood). I’m starting to talk to Warner Bros. and the video game creators, so hopefully we can see it through.

We better see it, especially after that cliffhanger in Legacy Season 2.

I know, we pissed off way too many people. Ed Boon and I are going to get together and chat and talk to Warner Bros. about figuring it out.

Is this the reason why we’re not going to see a Mortal Kombat movie from you?

We all feel right now that we have such a trajectory to the series. There are so many more stories to tell in that format.

Read more at http://nerdreactor.com/2014/03/27/t...irector-kevin-tancharoen/#0syQYXULDwHViIZj.99

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
See now I want to see this. That show on YouTube is cool but this shyt would be phenomenal. Focus it on Liu Kang and the rest of the monks while you've got outworld playing the role of the Lannister's and the amount of treachery going on there.

I would actually base the main hero character on Raiden before I do Liu, prolly have Kang as the secondary for the early seasons and then build him up into being a boss later on.... on the flipside as a main you have to have Scorpion doing the dark hero thing, trailing and killing o.g. Sub-Zero in Season 1... Sub Zeros lil brothers revenge arc in season 2, Scorp and Sub Zero 2 teaming up in season three against Quan Chi who was pulling the strings all along and then at the end of that season Noob Saibot reveal :banderas: I should write this shyt and holla at the bol Ed Boondocks to shoot me some money

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I would actually base the main hero character on Raiden before I do Liu, prolly have Kang as the secondary for the early seasons and then build him up into being a boss later on.... on the flipside as a main you have to have Scorpion doing the dark hero thing, trailing and killing o.g. Sub-Zero in Season 1... Sub Zeros lil brothers revenge arc in season 2, Scorp and Sub Zero 2 teaming up in season three against Quan Chi who was pulling the strings all along and then at the end of that season Noob Saibot reveal :banderas: I should write this shyt and holla at the bol Ed Boondocks to shoot me some money

Scorpion versus Sub Zero in an epic battle above the pit. :ohlawd:

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I used to love this show as a kid and the fact that Kung Lao was my favourite character originally had me like :blessed: when I saw that he was the main guy for show.

He never used his hat though :beli:

And why the hell did they move characters from the game aside for original characters like Siro and Taja? :why:

Tracy Douglas though :steviej:

lepard

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This Kung Lao is not the Kung Lao from the video games, this is the original Kung Lao that lost to Goro way back when.

Is this show available on Netflix or any streaming network?

Is it in HD?