Mortal Kombat 11 | PS4/XB1/PC/Switch | Out Now

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Them not letting you use custom variations in ranked is kinda trash, but hopefully they balance the variations that they give you some of the good shyt and don't let it be locked behind just offline play and shyt.

I'm still trying to figure out how these dudes could have custom playbooks that you made on the N64 for NFL Blitz and you just take the memory card to the arcade and pop it and you could use you custom playbook there.

But they couldn't figure out a way to make it tourney viable now. Like literally all they had to do is have each custom variation you make have a 5-7 character code and when you're fighting somebody and want to use, you just enter in the code and it gets the gear or at least the moves that you put on the character.

EDIT: It's kinda crazy that they advertised the game all about customizing you character to be yours but the only thing that carries over is the cosmetic shyt

Wait so basically the three pre set variations you have are the only ones you can use in ranked? I’m cool with this being cosmetic only. Injustice was ruined by all those gear stats before they made a vanilla casual mode

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
Wait so basically the three pre set variations you have are the only ones you can use in ranked? I’m cool with this being cosmetic only. Injustice was ruined by all those gear stats before they made a vanilla casual mode
Yeah, from how the interview on game informer was, some characters might have more variations that others, but I think everybody will have at least 3.

Yeah, stats on the gear was trash, if they just made it cosmetic, I'd be cool with that.

What's fukked up about the moves and shyt is that ranked you can only use the variation and the moves that comes with them, but unranked it's anything goes, so people will be using custom moves and shyt, so the player base is still split to a degree and its gonna have the same problem IJ2 had with custom moves only being in unranked but not in ranked.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Wait so you cant customize your variations in ranked? What the hell is the point of having the shyt then?

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
After seeing Cetrion's trailer, how is Kronika the boss in this game?
Kronika probably be running back the clock to her benefit like those killers on Funny Games
tumblr_m6gi37Yyre1qdqxgl.gif

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, from how the interview on game informer was, some characters might have more variations that others, but I think everybody will have at least 3.

Yeah, stats on the gear was trash, if they just made it cosmetic, I'd be cool with that.

What's fukked up about the moves and shyt is that ranked you can only use the variation and the moves that comes with them, but unranked it's anything goes, so people will be using custom moves and shyt, so the player base is still split to a degree and its gonna have the same problem IJ2 had with custom moves only being in unranked but not in ranked.

Yea like you said it’s probably for tourney purposes to promote conformity and predictability . Can you imagine Sonic Fox with custom abilities? :heh:

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
Yea like you said it’s probably for tourney purposes to promote conformity and predictability . Can you imagine Sonic Fox with custom abilities? :heh:
True and I can understand it, but honestly what's the difference between making your own broken variation and people just picking the character with the most broken variation already. At least making your own, would give low tier characters some play and shyt.

Then they said they thought about making dlc that's moves pack that can be added to characters and that shyt blew my mind.