OIF.0Us27wpF7aEykjJhxtW7Vw

:wow:
Fire God Liu Kang with the shyts.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
wasn't mk9 essentially a reboot of parts 1-3?
MK9 was a soft reboot because the events of those games are acknowledged in the story. The whole plot is Raiden trying to fix the fukk up because everyone dies in Armageddon so he gets a redo of previous events

MK1 is looking like this is a complete fresh start story wise. We know MK11 happened and essentially reset time and Liu Kang became God, but none of that will be acknowledged directly

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I read the speech about choice in the trailer as Liu Kang having recreated existence while giving the world all it needed for peace, but still allowing everyone to choose their own path. So, Shang Tsung would still exist, but he actively chooses to go down the path of conflict.

Since it's a time fukkery story, I fully expect there to be a point somewhere in the middle or final third where it's explained that no matter what happens, there are always going to be constants and fixed points in time, such as Shang Tsung's desire for power, some form of conflict between Outworld and Earthrealm, etc.
Id wager they don't mention anything regarding time or past events

The reason they went the whole time fukkery route in the first place was likely so they could wipe the board and start all over

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Yeah MK9 was a reboot of 1-3 and 10 and 11 were the continuation.

Either going back to the Great Kung Lao era or continuing the story would be a good move if they want to do lore shyt.

As long as they got a good cast of characters, I'm good.
I wonder if Onaga will be the villian in this one