Mortal Kombat 1 (Reboot) 9.21.23, PS5/Xbox Series/Switch/PC

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Anyone finish the story? My thoughts

I really wish they'd let their hard on for timelines/time travel/alternate dimensions go and just tell a good story. It's become a crutch.

I was amped for this story but felt it fell apart after the second half. I also I feel the whole "it's a new world so everything is different now" advertising was overhyped. I feel they were scared of the MK11 sindel backlash repeating itself and played it relatively safe. With a few minor tweaks, everyone is exactly who they were in the old era

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Anyone finish the story? My thoughts

I really wish they'd let their hard on for timelines/time travel/alternate dimensions go and just tell a good story. It's become a crutch.

I was amped for this story but felt it fell apart after the second half. I also I feel the whole "it's a new world so everything is different now" advertising was overhyped. I feel they were scared of the MK11 sindel backlash repeating itself and played it relatively safe. With a few minor tweaks, everyone is exactly who they were in the old era

They have to do the timeline multiverse stuff because they keep killing characters so they need a reason why X is back. I think boon knows that as this time nobody died stories are set up to actually progress in the sequel. Accepting this story as it’s own thing it’s not bad until the Titan Shang reveal and everybody just became fodder