Mortal Kombat 1 music. Which do u like better? Genesis vs Snes vs Arcade..

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
So if I didn't listen then how the fukk would I know it's remastered sounds :wtf:

Before you reply to say some OTHER shyt, please answer that question :popcorn:

And then if you could...

:yayo:
Because everyone who’s old enough should know the music for the Sega game was completely done from the ground up for that version. And it wasnt like the other versions of the game.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Because everyone who’s old enough should know the music for the Sega game was completely done from the ground up for that version. And it wasnt like the other versions of the game.
Either you didn't' answer my question or you misunderstood my original comment.
I can tell the sega music was different but that didn't stick out in my memory because I preferred the SNES version. Red blood and a couple of different fatalities didn't make up for the dark muddy graphics and sound
Speaking of sound, the sound of the genesis version sounded like a speaker was in a bucket. The video you posted in this thread isn't the original sega music. Its remastered sega music
My question to you was how would I know this unless I watched your video but now I've grown tired of this thread. Good luck, I can't make it hot no mo' :yeshrug:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Either you didn't' answer my question or you misunderstood my original comment.
I can tell the sega music was different but that didn't stick out in my memory because I preferred the SNES version. Red blood and a couple of different fatalities didn't make up for the dark muddy graphics and sound
Speaking of sound, the sound of the genesis version sounded like a speaker was in a bucket. The video you posted in this thread isn't the original sega music. Its remastered sega music
My question to you was how would I know this unless I watched your video but now I've grown tired of this thread. Good luck, I can't make it hot no mo' :yeshrug:
nikka I STILL have the sega version of the game. And MOST people prefer the Sega’s MUSIC. We not talking about the SOUND QUALITY u damn retard. How did some of u nikkas make it thru life with the lack of comprehension yall possess? I refuse to believe some of u nikkas is this stupid. Matter fact. Go look up some old magazine comparisons of the versions. Most reviewers prefered the Genesis music as well. While still preferring the Arcade’s sound, graphics, and everything else. And u gotta be like the ONLY nikka I ever met in life that fukked wit the SNES version of MK1 over Genesis. MK2 is where SNES stole the show.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
The arcade version is the waviest :patrice:Snes got the most gangsta intro, Genesis got the most bass but that shyt sounds like Donkey Kong is a secret character :mjpls:

Lord Bison

Superstar
Daps
Sega had the better music on MK1. But its sound chip got exposed by the time MK3 dropped.

Ultimate mk3 on sega was had me like :picard:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Sega had the better music on MK1. But its sound chip got exposed by the time MK3 dropped.

Ultimate mk3 on sega was had me like :picard:
shyt got exposed on MK2. Lol. SNES looked, sounded, played, WAY better on the SNES by the second game. MK1 on the Genesis reminded me of an old Kung Fu movie. So everything worked for it imo.

Rhyme n Tekniq

Superstar
Daps
Nah homie the Aracade takes mega donkey shyts on all preceeding versions.

An example of Segas sound chip being pushed to its limits would be Streets of Rage 2 and that mostly can be chalked up to Yuzo Koshrio's god tier wizardry on the boards. Another example would be the Sonic series 1 through 3+ sonic and knuckles.

All the home consoles versions of MK throughout the entire trilogy sound like they have sore throats; Better than most games sure but if we comparing it to the arcade , fukk No!!!!.

I am passionate about video games having a great soundtrack be it straight up music or ambient sounds that immerse you as soon as you hear it.

I'll MK1 and MK2 props for knowing its limitations and just making new music that fits the game to the best of their ability vs SNES or tried to perfectly mimic the arcade and just made shyt worse.

Nothing beats being like 6 or 7 at the arcade seeing a bunch of nikkas crowded around the cabinet for this game To add to that nothing was more terrifying back then than the sound of Goro in the cut roaring letting you know he's coming for your azz during the last round of the Endurance match. That anxiety and anticipation then that "Goro Lives" theme hits and you know youre fukked especially if you were down to your last 4 quarters.

The sound FX of the first MK truly enhanced the fighting experience. It made something as simple as a sweep sound unfathomably painful; A roundhouse kick sound disrespectfully brutal and an uppercut sound like the most godliest move in the game. if that shyt was all faint, tepid *pip paps* with a weak musical score MK wouldnt be as memorable. It was the sounds that enhanced everything about the game to another level. It made MK feel like some heavy serious shyt with its eerie, oriental style- musical pallate. Even simple shyt like the monks clapping after a round ended or cheering when you passed the Test your might game made it for so much realer.

That spark was not present in the home console versions. and I noticed it right away that Christmas morning when I opened it up and played. I still fukked with the arcade version of MK I because the Genesis version felt hollowed out and sounded nasty to the ears. This goes 100 fold for MK2 Aracade.