Mortal Kombat 1 music. Which do u like better? Genesis vs Snes vs Arcade..

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Ive ALWAYS felt like the Sega Genesis music was BY FAR the best for the first game. Like miles ahead of all the other versions. Here’s an example.

Here's what I feel, I feel that revisionist history is why this thread flopped. See, this music comparison is bullshyt because none of it is the original like you claiming
How I know? Because the sound is too good for 16-bit bruh :stop:
I know for 20facts that the genesis version (which I hated sound wise) didn't sound as clear as it does in this video. That shyt sound damn near lossless audio status :francis:

Tigron

Superstar
Daps
I think the convo just isnt broad enough. It should be all games across both platforms, because it's much more to work with.
To answer OP, yeah I think Genesis got it. Genesis also had a better sounding NBA Jam.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Here's what I feel, I feel that revisionist history is why this thread flopped. See, this music comparison is bullshyt because none of it is the original like you claiming
How I know? Because the sound is too good for 16-bit bruh :stop:
I know for 20facts that the genesis version (which I hated sound wise) didn't sound as clear as it does in this video. That shyt sound damn near lossless audio status :francis:
Who said its original? nikka the music was completely remade. But its better and groovier than the arcade version IMO is what im saying. Even tho its 16 bit? Im not talking about the sound QUALITY. fukk are u in here babbling about? The SNES version was like the arcade but more muddy. I posted the fukkin video so I wouldnt even have to have this useless argument we’re having right now. Or did u not watch it? U missed the ENTIRE point of the thread. Its the reason I made it.

Last edited:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I think the convo just isnt broad enough. It should be all games across both platforms, because it's much more to work with.
To answer OP, yeah I think Genesis got it. Genesis also had a better sounding NBA Jam.
Nah. Im talking about the first game. Cause after that. SNES had the better music imo. Well for MK2 anyway. Affter than The Arcade takes it and Playstation takes it for the console versions. The reason I made this thread was cause of how different the Genesis MK1 music was but it worked in its favor. And ended up being the better soundtrack. For the games post MK1 that method didnt work as well for the Genesis.

Last edited:

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Word? U dont feel the custom soundtrack on the Genesis is groovier?

I had all the versions. SNES, Gameboy, Gamegear, and Genesis.

The arcade version had the best ost to me.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Who said its original? nikka the music was completely remade. But its better and groovier than the arcade version IMO is what im saying. Even tho its 16 bit? Im not talking about the sound QUALITY. fukk are u in here babbling about? The SNES version was like the arcade but more muddy. I posted the fukkin video so I wouldnt even have to have this useless argument we’re having right now. Or did u not watch it? U missed the ENTIRE point of the thread. Its the reason I made it.
How could I speak on it If I didn't listen, how would I know :dahell:

Now I see you're excited, and this topic is very dear to your heart so I'll back away and let this wack ass thread die a natural death :manny:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
How could I speak on it If I didn't listen, how would I know :dahell:

Now I see you're excited, and this topic is very dear to your heart so I'll back away and let this wack ass thread die a natural death :manny:
If u listened u wouldnt have made that captain obvious ass post and missed the whole point of the thread.