Morgan State signs education collaboration agreement with Nigeria

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
MSU-TETFund_MOU-1536x1109.jpg
Morgan President David Wilson welcomes Professor Suleiman E. Bogoro, Executive Secretary of TETFund to the campus

New Agreement With Nigeria’s TETFund to Bring Up to 50 International Students Seeking Ph.D.s to Morgan State University Annually

-
May 19, 2020

Morgan.jpg
Morgan State University, the historically Black educational institution in Baltimore, announced a new educational collaboration with the Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund), a fiduciary and funding agency of the federal government of Nigeria. The five-year agreement with TETFund will create a pathway for international students to study in the U.S. and pursue a Morgan State University degree.

Through the partnership, a framework is being created in which early, mid-level, and senior career faculty and staff members from Nigeria’s 238 public universities, colleges of education and polytechnics can pursue their Ph.Ds. and postdoctoral research at Morgan State University in fields and disciplines relevant to the developmental needs of Nigeria. Toward this end, TETFund will provide the funding, via scholarships and other grants, to support the educational expenses (tuition/fees + living expenses) of Ph.D. students and the salary plus living expenses of postdoctoral students.

The agreement could bring up to 50 (no less than 30) new Ph.D. students and up to 20 postdoctoral researchers to the Morgan State campus each year. Morgan State hopes to welcome the first cohort of students from Nigeria this coming fall.

“This is an historic collaboration for Morgan State University, possibly the largest such agreement of its kind between an African nation and an American institution of higher education,” said David K. Wilson, president of Morgan State University. “Through our arrangement with the TETFund, not only will Morgan greatly enhance its standing as a high research university, but the resulting research could be globally beneficial.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
That's cool and all......but what about the Black American students.

Is Nigeria going to help out the Black American students, so they can travel to Nigeria and learn.....it should be a two way street, where each side helps one another
You should look into that and give us what you find.

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
You should look into that and give us what you find.

I already did that before I made my first post....I read the article and went to Tertiary Education Trust Fund and nothing was said about bringing over Black American students.

You could have did the same thing.

Our Vision
To be a world-class interventionist agency in Nigeria's Tertiary Education

TETFUND GOALS
To continuously improve Education Tax Revenue by ensuring that the tax is collected and made available for TETFund intervention programmes.

To deliver appropriate and adequate intervention programmes with due regard to the sensitivities of beneficiaries and stakeholders.
To promote cutting-edge technologies, ideas and organizational skills in education, and ensure that projects are forward-looking as well as responding to present needs.
To ensure successful completion of intervention projects.
To form a viable and enduring partnership between the TETFund and its stakeholders.
To manage Education Tax in a way that is most beneficial to the Nigerian people.
To recruit, retain, train and retrain a highly motivated workforce.
To plan, undertake research and create reliable databank for improvement of education in Nigeria.
To ensure accountability and transparency in all its undertakings.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I already did that before I made my first post....I read the article and went to Tertiary Education Trust Fund and nothing was said about bringing over Black American students.

You could have did the same thing.

Our Vision
To be a world-class interventionist agency in Nigeria's Tertiary Education

TETFUND GOALS
To continuously improve Education Tax Revenue by ensuring that the tax is collected and made available for TETFund intervention programmes.

To deliver appropriate and adequate intervention programmes with due regard to the sensitivities of beneficiaries and stakeholders.
To promote cutting-edge technologies, ideas and organizational skills in education, and ensure that projects are forward-looking as well as responding to present needs.
To ensure successful completion of intervention projects.
To form a viable and enduring partnership between the TETFund and its stakeholders.
To manage Education Tax in a way that is most beneficial to the Nigerian people.
To recruit, retain, train and retrain a highly motivated workforce.
To plan, undertake research and create reliable databank for improvement of education in Nigeria.
To ensure accountability and transparency in all its undertakings.

So this is a business transaction for the University instead of an exchange