Modern gaming journalism needs to be reset

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
a reviewer never influenced my decision to buy a game.

I watch videos, play demos, rep from prior games.

that's it.

many of these cats are grifters and bloggers with agendas. The ones with access don't want to lose their access so they suck dikk (figuratively at worse :dame: ) to not lose their access.

Straight clowns and many are still embarrassing themselves.

Whateva.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
1, cac tweets

2, IGN has bought almost the entire gaming industry.

3, I've gotten to the point to never listen to the reviewers. These people aren't journalists, they're gaming enthusiasts with an opinion. Or journalists biding time until a post at a real news outlet hires them.​

What's even worse about that, is that alot of these cats don't even play games. I remember Cupboy of all things exposing how woefully inept alot of these so called "Gaming Journalists" were in regards to being able to simply play the games they pass themselves off as the authority to judge and review. I forgot exactly who it was, if it were more than one, but it raised the suspicion that alot of these so called 'journalists' watched footage or casually played a few levels and then came back with reviews of the whole product without experiencing it, which raised alot of questions in regards to how legitimate alot of these guys and sites are.
It's even worse now, with alot of these reviewers putting their personal feelings into the mix, especially when it comes to things like Transgenderism and other social issues they feel need to be addressed, displayed and praised within the game or else the final score reflects their ire. Gaming Journalism is a shyt show that we saw grow from a seed ever the Kane and Lynch review on Gamespot exposed the compromised nature of the 'business'.​

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No one goes to school or trains to be a journalist then goes on to write about video games

Gaming writers are just fanboys with a paycheck.

Been saying this for years.

As always you guys attack me for saying the truth, until some random cac says it in a tweet, then it’s “yeah that’s always been the case”

fukk outa here keep posting metacritc scores and resetera takes :camby:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No one goes to school or trains to be a journalist then goes on to write about video games

Gaming writers are just fanboys with a paycheck.

Been saying this for years.

As always you guys attack me for saying the truth, until some random cac says it in a tweet, then it’s “yeah that’s always been the case”

fukk outa here keep posting metacritc scores and resetera takes :camby:
At 73 now @Loose update the title :mjlol:

Considering other games with similar scores 73 is not a good look.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
@Fatboi1 had to go back 10 years, and even then i’m just clowning you goofies for your metacritic stanary.

Yup, your the first one to post metacritic scores when they fit your agenda

Damn clown :mjlol:

Here’s me clowning you for your inconsistency with stanning meta critic a whole 10 years ago :wow:

Thanks for bringing up the past :cheers:

Last edited:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW

What's even worse about that, is that alot of these cats don't even play games. I remember Cupboy of all things exposing how woefully inept alot of these so called "Gaming Journalists" were in regards to being able to simply play the games they pass themselves off as the authority to judge and review. I forgot exactly who it was, if it were more than one, but it raised the suspicion that alot of these so called 'journalists' watched footage or casually played a few levels and then came back with reviews of the whole product without experiencing it, which raised alot of questions in regards to how legitimate alot of these guys and sites are.
It's even worse now, with alot of these reviewers putting their personal feelings into the mix, especially when it comes to things like Transgenderism and other social issues they feel need to be addressed, displayed and praised within the game or else the final score reflects their ire. Gaming Journalism is a shyt show that we saw grow from a seed ever the Kane and Lynch review on Gamespot exposed the compromised nature of the 'business'.​
When Starfield came out some dude got ran off the internet cause he gave it a bad review, then he streamed himself playing another game. Problem is he opened up steam and randomly clicked on starfield and it showed something like 22 minutes played. People were like wait you did a whole review of the game but you aint even play it long enough to do anything :mjlol:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:francis: I mean....its no different from various forms of journalism. In the music industry, this comes off as "payola". You already know the game, hence why I avoid a "overhyped" game like five finger discount AIDS. Hell, yall know my track record of shytty games that I enjoy, but guess what....they all not hyped to the fukking moon and end up making developers closed its doors due to the harsh realities of underdelivering or being a flop.