MLS Cup Final 2014: LA Galaxy win, first to 5 championships

MLS Champions

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Ringo's solo stuff was great too.. 10 top 10 hits in the 70s, many artists would kill for that solo career and he was the 'least talented beatle'

i was actually just bumping george's 'best of dark horse' too.. generally underrated cause everything is compared with the best of the beatles

I ain't gonna lie I haven't heard a single Ringo solo album :mjcry:

that's his whole catalogue innit

rarely do i hear a drake song and hate it, but i also rarely love it

it's gonna be a taylor and beyonce show, everyone else is just there to watch. except alison krauss, she's there to win 17 awards while everyone stares like :dwillhuh:

Igloo Australia will win something though, sending the Coli militants into conniptions, perhaps rightly. Though this year is different from last year. Macklemore winning was a genuine snub over Kendrick. With the nominations this year it's like, well her album sucks but the rest of the nominees suck too :manny:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I ain't gonna lie I haven't heard a single Ringo solo album :mjcry:

Igloo Australia will win something though, sending the Coli militants into conniptions, perhaps rightly. Though this year is different from last year. Macklemore winning was a genuine snub over Kendrick. With the nominations this year it's like, well her album sucks but the rest of the nominees suck too :manny:
newer headline rappers have gotten so stale that she might actually win

i've never given a fukk about the grammies tbh

you know what i dont get? why are scandinavian writers so good at crime fiction/drama? there are like 6.25 murders a decade in the whole region

they're either transfixed on american local news channels or they vent their murderous tendencies through art instead of actually doing it

yet another reason to move to mälmø :mjcry:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
newer headline rappers have gotten so stale that she might actually win

i've never given a fukk about the grammies tbh

you know what i dont get? why are scandinavian writers so good at crime fiction/drama? there are like 6.25 murders a decade in the whole region

they're either transfixed on american local news channels or they vent their murderous tendencies through art instead of actually doing it

yet another reason to move to mälmø :mjcry:

You're actually into crime fiction :ohhh:

That's a legit hobby right there.

TheFryingDutchman

Grad School is killing me:damn:
Daps
Can both lose ...:mjcry:, can't root for a new England team and donvan needs to go out on loss...
I feel the same way breh:mjcry:
I refuse to support a revs team even though I thought Nguyen should of won MVP. Im just hoping for goals and fukkery.
3-1 Gals and then i quickly turn off my TV. I dont want to watch the media jerk off about Landon's story anymore.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
You're actually into crime fiction :ohhh:

That's a legit hobby right there.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavian_noir :yes:

it all starts with a david fincher remake :mjcry: then you read the books (didnt really care for the larsson books tbh), then you realize you gotta watch the original films, then there's a miniseries that tells the same stories as the films ( :dwillhuh: ), but you gotta watch it. then you watch Wallander starring Kenneth Branagh on netflix and dont get why a swedish show has all british actors, then they put the swedish version on netflix too :mjcry: then you realize the show is based on novels, which allows you to give the classic response "they made a book out of it?" to the question "which is better, film or book?"

the LA Quartet by James Ellroy is probably the most challenging fiction i've come across, finishing those books is like a fukking boxing match, there are so many characters and subplots and the first half of each book has nothing to do with the actual story, but is 100% necessary to understand it :snoop: and the casual racism is :ahh: and :scusthov: the first book starts in 1947 and the 4th ends in 1958 and has different protagonists but many of the same characters, some of which are both fringe characters and main characters respectively, and at the end you're exhausted but feel so accomplished :ahh:

then a few months ago he released a second installment of a 2nd LA Quartet starting in 1941 :snoop:

look at all this shyt i just wrote. this is not a hobby, this is a war breh :mjcry:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavian_noir :yes:

it all starts with a david fincher remake :mjcry: then you read the books (didnt really care for the larsson books tbh), then you realize you gotta watch the original films, then there's a miniseries that tells the same stories as the films ( :dwillhuh: ), but you gotta watch it. then you watch Wallander starring Kenneth Branagh on netflix and dont get why a swedish show has all british actors, then they put the swedish version on netflix too :mjcry: then you realize the show is based on novels, which allows you to give the classic response "they made a book out of it?" to the question "which is better, film or book?"

the LA Quartet by James Ellroy is probably the most challenging fiction i've come across, finishing those books is like a fukking boxing match, there are so many characters and subplots and the first half of each book has nothing to do with the actual story, but is 100% necessary to understand it :snoop: and the casual racism is :ahh: and :scusthov: the first book starts in 1947 and the 4th ends in 1958 and has different protagonists but many of the same characters, some of which are both fringe characters and main characters respectively, and at the end you're exhausted but feel so accomplished :ahh:

then a few months ago he released a second installment of a 2nd LA Quartet starting in 1941 :snoop:

look at all this shyt i just wrote. this is not a hobby, this is a war breh :mjcry:

:wow:

With that LA Quartet do you gotta read them in order?

I've had LA Confidential on my Amazon wish list for ages honestly. I've been deep in PG Wodehouse and Tom Sharpe myself lately, that crime fiction shyt sounds like a life lived :mjcry:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
:wow:

With that LA Quartet do you gotta read them in order?

I've had LA Confidential on my Amazon wish list for ages honestly. I've been deep in PG Wodehouse and Tom Sharpe myself lately, that crime fiction shyt sounds like a life lived :mjcry:
i did not read them in order, no. not on purpose, i loved LA Confidential the film and just decided to read the book, not knowing it was one of four. it shyts all over the movie, which is a great piece of art in its own right, but when you realize how much they cut out, it comes off as boilerplate straight-line neo-noir.

reading them out of order has its own merit tbh, even though i did it by accident.
just be prepared to not understand a lot of what's going on at one point, whether because of the convoluted story, the 100s of characters, or the 1940s-50s LA cop slang

im reading a song of ice and fire now, and i love it, but each book is around 1000 pages and is like a pleasure cruise compared to this shyt rightchea :wow:

the nordic noir is a lot less cynical, in fact it has a really bright worldview, i think birthed by the idea that it exists to show scandinavian people how their image of their idyllic countries has fukked up underbellies (which is EXACTLY what the LA Quartet is about - how fukking disgusting LA and the US at large are), but that it can be made better by the hard work of a few

Roadie pipeher

From the embers
Daps
fukks with Scandinavian noir...though movies more than books... Though didn't even that genre existed...

My book reading :mjlol::mjcry::mjcry:

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
Score predictions? Gonna go with 3-2 either way
zSePiRU.png
all offense brehs

IDK if we gonna have a betting thread or nah? :ehh: