MLB The Show will be multiplatform as of 2021

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
This might be a day one for me.

I bought mlb the show 20 earlier this month for $10. And even tho I don’t know shyt about baseball, the road to the show mode is fun as hell. It’s pretty much an rpg, which is something I’m far more familiar with than baseball

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Day one :wow:

MLB The Show was literally the only reason I ever considered switching to PlayStation. It’s been a while since we had a real baseball game on Xbox..this will do numbers

Hopefully microsoft wont be greedy with their games from this point on

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Hopefully microsoft wont be greedy with their games from this point on
MLB forced them to do this. Bethesda and others is a totally different thing. Let Microsoft put Gamepass on your console and you will get their games.

Also new news.

7430e1f.jpg

I'm going to day one this one.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
MLB forced them to do this. Bethesda and others is a totally different thing. Let Microsoft put Gamepass on your console and you will get their games.

Also new news.

7430e1f.jpg

I'm going to day one this one.

Force is a cyse. :comeon: You can't force someone to make games for other platforms.

The old agreement was 3rd party exclusivity.
Sony, Nintendo, Xbox could make mlb games if the chose. Sony already had the MLB series for years. It was a fukk you to EA by Take 2 for the Madden shyt they pulled.

Problem is MLB 2K wasn't profitable and no other 3rd party stepped up. The Show/MLB was always a good game that sold enough year to year.

MLB knows the game game is good too and asked Sony to publish on other platforms. It's a good win win. They probably got some relief on the license potentially or tied it in directly to the sales on the outside platforms.

I hope it's Cross platform and we get online dynasty back in full this year again

Last edited:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Poor little pal still thinks those Bethesda games won’t be on PlayStation :mjlol:

Yeah, by watching through YouTube or twitch, lol. You don't spend 7.5 billion for status quo.

Gamepass grows through economies of scale, just like any other subscription service. You need content to feed the beast, exclusive content. I don't see Netflix putting Stranger Things or 13 Reasons why on Hulu or Disney putting The Mandalorian on HBOMax nor is Amazon clamoring to put The Man in the High Castle on Peacock. You don't do that because it is antithetical to the notion of a subscription service. Yet and still, the wealthiest company of them has to put their games on a competing platform? To do what? Survive? Lolol. That's crazy talk. People come and stay for the exclusivity of a platform. For Microsoft now, Gamepass is the platform. The XSX, XSS, Android, XCloud and PC are just vehicles for the platform of Gamepass. You will get the MS games if you allow Gamepass on your platform. If you don't, you don't see the games. That's the gist of the situation. That's the only thing that matters to them now.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Yeah, by watching through YouTube or twitch, lol. You don't spend 7.5 billion for status quo.

Gamepass grows through economies of scale, just like any other subscription service. You need content to feed the beast, exclusive content. I don't see Netflix putting Stranger Things or 13 Reasons why on Hulu or Disney putting The Mandalorian on HBOMax nor is Amazon clamoring to put The Man in the High Castle on Peacock. You don't do that because it is antithetical to the notion of a subscription service. Yet and still, the wealthiest company of them has to put their games on a competing platform? To do what? Survive? Lolol. That's crazy talk. People come and stay for the exclusivity of a platform. For Microsoft now, Gamepass is the platform. The XSX, XSS, Android, XCloud and PC are just vehicles for the platform of Gamepass. You will get the MS games if you allow Gamepass on your platform. If you don't, you don't see the games. That's the gist of the situation. That's the only thing that matters to them now.

You always type out these long think pieces but are almost always wrong
PS5 will still get Bethesda games — but they'll be 'first or better' on Xbox | Tom's Guide

I guess iceberg has been provided information the CFO hasn’t

:laff::laff::laff:

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I believe I mentioned it in another thread, but this is a loss for Sony. The Show series was a system seller. I don't think someone should be able to force you to make a multiplatform game or lose the license.