MLB The Show 17 Coli League: 4 Open Teams

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Is this considered the MLB The Show thread? Oh well.

Anyways I've mainly been playing Diamond Dynasty mode. It's cool putting a roster together and just grinding out wins.

My last 3 games (each opponent had lineups with 90+ ovr diamond players):

Game 1 - Perfect Game w/ Carlos Martinez thru 5 innings, I was up 4-0 when my opponent quit.
Game 2 - Perfect game thru 5 2/3 with Lincecum. Lincecum went 8 innings and we won 2-1.
Game 3 - Complete game shutout, 2 hitter with Lincecum. I won 2-0.

I love beating these cats who probably spent real money to buy all these diamond players. I'm talking lineups with Ripken, Griffey, Jackie Robinson, Reggie Jackson, Eddie Matthews, and a diamond 99 ovr Kershaw on the mound. Scrubs can barely score on me. Of course their pitchers shut us down too lmao. But i get the W

My best player is my created dude (90 ovr) and I let the game generate my lineups so he rarely plays. Outside of him I think Ryan Zimmerman 87 ovr is the best guy. I just rock it out with good pitching, small ball (Jean Segura and Jarrod Dyson at the top of the lineup), and some timely XBH from guys like Bellinger, Ozuna, Zimmerman, and Longoria. I like this more than other sports games because it's more based on user skill than just the capabilities of your player

Last edited: