MKBHD: Small Phones are Dead and We Killed Them

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
She would still have to suck it or find somewhere else to livr :yeshrug:
you-know.gif

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Originally any phone 5 inches and larger was classified as a "Phablet" (Dell Streak). The tech press tried it's hardest to make people believe those phones were too large, "It won't fit in my pockets...".The general public bought them in droves anyway and now a 5" phone is now considered on the small end. Fukk all this...
pinch-to-zoom-gif.gif

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
Originally any phone 5 inches and larger was classified as a "Phablet" (Dell Streak). The tech press tried it's hardest to make people believe those phones were too large, "It won't fit in my pockets...".The general public bought them in droves anyway and now a 5" phone is now considered on the small end. Fukk all this...
pinch-to-zoom-gif.gif
Always wanted that dell joint

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Idk I don't think we "killed" anything as much as consumer preferences changed

Back in the 3GS/4 days people didn't live their lives on their phones as much as now, there was less shyt to do. Netflix was still a disc rental service, app store was bare compared to now, Myspace/Facebook was mostly used on desktop. The Galaxy Note was always looked at Samsung's best while the regular Galaxy was aimed at the iPhone crowd, demand from Android fans for big phones was always there.

Jobs said that shyt about big phones and iPhone users & tech nerd reviewers that bought turtlenecks trying to be like him ran with the shyt. But as soon as Apple brought a Plus phone with the 6 it was the best selling one of the two and been that way since, because the demand was there.

If anything, I could just as easily say small phones only lived because that's mostly all you had to pick from. Now that there's choice the market's spoken, they don't specify units anymore but the 13 Mini is most likely the worst selling iPhone ever made. Reports about not selling was already there a month after it came out, then there was rumor of a 14 mini before the 13 came out....well the 14 & 15 came out without a mini & the 16s comes out this year a hair bigger than the 15s. You tell me who won lol

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
I have a Iphone 13, screen size is 6.1 which is still good to use with one hand

Im not interested in anything above that, idk how people use iphone max