Mixer is Done; Microsoft Announces Partnership with Facebook Gaming

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

It’s messed up but this is the truth for anyone putting their content on a platform they don’t own. If you’re doing your job correctly, you should be able to bring your following to whatever platform has the most users. That’s smart business to begin with. If they were good on mixer they’ll be good elsewhere. It’s more a headache having to start from 0 than anything else...even though they technically won’t be starting from 0. People will recognize the name and follow again.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
The IG streaming instant gaming msft is planning on doing with xcloud is pretty future forward. All these kids do is watch other ppl play games. Might as well make them be able to play the game at that very instant. No hard ware required.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Yea if you go on mixer it’s just a mad dash of them trying to promote and transition over to twitch. Nobody is going to FB. Their main site is already a cluttered disaster. I don’t even know where to look for their streaming

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Yea if you go on mixer it’s just a mad dash of them trying to promote and transition over to twitch. Nobody is going to FB. Their main site is already a cluttered disaster. I don’t even know where to look for their streaming
:skip: It’s actually the same way you would find anyone else. You just search the name. The nature of Facebook allowing you to solicit friends and expand your audience makes it a great starting point for new streamers.
I’m sure most people have more Facebook friends than then have subs on YouTube or mixer. The reach will automatically be larger on Facebook. I’m not saying it’s a slam dunk for Facebook, but they’re definitely in the best position to compete and do it right.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Give it time.

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Twitch was on way too many platforms for them to make exclusive to Xbox so they bought Beam to see if they could turn it into a viable platform and the growth stalled on them. They used Ninja, shroud, and a few others as a last hail mary to confirm if it was a platform or personality driven market. Ninja and Shroud flopping proved it was the platform so they rightfully pulled the plug.

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
In the last few years Microsoft bought Beam(a streaming platform rival to Twitch), in the past 12 months they also paid for the 2 most popular streamers (from Twitch) to move to Mixer/Beam in the past year to help its growth against other streaming platform rivals.

After failing, today they announced that they are shutting it down and selling the brand/remains to Facebook.

They are doing it this month because they want to get rid of it before their next fiscal year starts in July. (Write off)

Mixer is a ‘better’ platform than twitch.
  • Instant streaming technology
  • More effective support and moderation
  • Xbox integration
  • Split-screen streaming with up to 3 friends
  • Possibility for your chat to interact with your game
On paper, its has a better technology platform than Twitch and others.

And as evidenced by the racist management problems and workaholic culture it was left to be run by morons. Microsoft as a company gave up on it so quickly. It makes me lose confidence in them when it comes to gaming endeavors.

Waldo Geraldo Faldo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cloud
In the last few years Microsoft bought Beam(a streaming platform rival to Twitch), in the past 12 months they also paid for the 2 most popular streamers (from Twitch) to move to Mixer/Beam in the past year to help its growth against other streaming platform rivals.

After failing, today they announced that they are shutting it down and selling the brand/remains to Facebook.

They are doing it this month because they want to get rid of it before their next fiscal year starts in July. (Write off)

Mixer is a ‘better’ platform than twitch.
  • Instant streaming technology
  • More effective support and moderation
  • Xbox integration
  • Split-screen streaming with up to 3 friends
  • Possibility for your chat to interact with your game
On paper, its has a better technology platform than Twitch and others.

And as evidenced by the racist management problems and workaholic culture it was left to be run by morons. Microsoft as a company gave up on it so quickly. It makes me lose confidence in them when it comes to gaming endeavors.

This. I really like Microsoft Xbox but I just feel they have no vision right now. They are all over the place; they are pushing too many fronts without holding down an actual foothold that you need in the game industry, which is a steady streamline of games.

Look at Nintendo their console's historically have not been in the top-tier running for raw power, but what do you get with them... innovative games and a great variety of them.

I really miss the Xbox 360 days from 2006 - 2010 before they started that Kinect bullshyt. Who was the leadership team during those days, I remember that one J Allard cat, bald dude wearing hoodies. That team was focused on straight games, not that center of the living room shyt.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
It’s wild how youtube and twitch were constantly objectively inferior to mixer when it came to image quality and bandwidth speeds and still whooped its ass

Goes to show people just care where the crowd at