Mixed people are getting to arrogant

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
Some mixed people shyt on there black half. Some don't. Some black people shyt on mixed people. Some don't. The issue is all a mixed person has to say is "I'm not black, I'm mixed" and that will be seen as putting black people down.

Nah. When you say stuff like, "I'm not Black, I'm mixed... I wish people would confuse me for being white for once" and the such, that's where the problem comes in. Or in general face-to-face verbal conversation, if someone says "I'm not Black, I'm mixed", you're going to have to take it from the vibe of the conversation to know whether or not someone is trying to shyt on Black people.

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
Nah. When you say stuff like, "I'm not Black, I'm mixed... I wish people would confuse me for being white for once" and the such, that's where the problem comes in. Or in general face-to-face verbal conversation, if someone says "I'm not Black, I'm mixed", you're going to have to take it from the vibe of the conversation to know whether or not someone is trying to shyt on Black people.

If you say "I'm not white, I'm mixed" no one thinks that's putting down white people. I wonder why. :smugfavre:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
I've seen black people get OFFENDED when mixed people say that they aren't black, but mixed. Some take it as an insult. They think, because we say we are mixed and not black, that we are trying to better than them. When that's not the case.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Some people of other races even try to separate you from your own people actin like you arent the same as your brothas. Like if you dont look like Amistad you aint black.

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
special-dark-logo580.jpg

davidjames.gif

"im not black, im tan"

MMS circa 1992

2Gogj.gif

I'm black/white and I don't really consider myself either to be honest. But best believe I'm checking off black when it comes to school or job applications to get that affirmative action :jawalrus:

Either way I'm :win: though. I got the best of both worlds. Good hair, tanned skin, and tall. And I don't really look black enough to get discriminated against/profiled. Most people think I'm Hispanic.

Where all the fake black militants at? So quick to call a rational poster who thinks a good looking white girl is attractive a c00n but are ducking these posts right chea. We got one nikka happy as hell he not dark cuz one of his parents is white and bragging about being "tan" not "black" and we got another nikka saying he winning cuz he got "good hair" and he not "black enough" to be discriminated against. You winning cuz white people accept you breh? Aiight :upsetfavre:

baltimore

Pro
Daps
where are these mulattos saying they not black but saying they are white?? where this outrage coming from?

everyone gets that no one calls the average mulatto white only black right?? average mixed person will correct someone if called either one right??

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
where are these mulattos saying they not black but saying they are white?? where this outrage coming from?

everyone gets that no one calls the average mulatto white only black right?? average mixed person will correct someone if called either one right??

Yup. Orange isn't red. It also isn't yellow. People think mixed people want to be seen as white solely. :upsetfavre:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
:what:

People still believe this shyt that white supremacist said over a hundred years ago to justify the one drop rule? :what: The black gene isn't more dominant and it never has been.

It has nothing to do with th one drop rule and everything to do with NOT increasing the number of divisive terms that people create for themselves that achieve nothing but further divide and already fractured and fragile community to begin with. Historically mixed people were known as macroons. Should we start to place this option on census forms?

This pathetic attempt to separate yourselves from blackness only makes your infatuation with whiteness much more apparent.

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
It has nothing to do with th one drop rule and everything to do with NOT increasing the number of divisive terms that people create for themselves that achieve nothing but further divide and already fractured and fragile community to begin with. Historically mixed people were known as macroons. Should we start to place this option on census forms?

This pathetic attempt to separate yourselves from blackness only makes your infatuation with whiteness much more apparent.

If mixed people were infatuated with white people they would call themselves white, which doesn't happen. Stop it. It's an inferiority complex. Let a nikka say he likes light skinned women and he will be called a c00n. So when a nikka wants to date a chick that looks like Lauren London or Halle Berry, he's a c00n, yet she can't say she's mixed even though she is? :ld: You can't explain that. Mixed people saying they are mixed is better. Brazilians do the same shyt there so there's no confusion. White people call mixed people mulatto. Mixed people call themselves mixed. Black people will call someone that's mixed black unless someone decides to pick a light skinned woman. Then she's not black enough. If anyone is indecisive and inconsistent on this issue, it's black people. Not mixed people.

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
And why is it seen as "arrogant" for acknowledging your racial makeup? You saying that it's an act of arrogance means that you are putting mixed people on a pedestal. This thread is getting to easy to body. Sorry but someone had to do it.

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
Mixed people can be who they want to be, I have no problem with that, just dont forget how the world views you and dont try to throw other blacks under the bus or distance yourself to gain favor with whites. You end up fukk it up for everyone.

I dated a girl like this, she was South African. In SA there is a whole race of mixed people, she considered herself colored, not black. Anyways long story short, she got a big reality check by white people about who she was and now she is the biggest Afrocentric around.

A girl I used to talk who is black/white mix was told that she could not get into a club by a bouncer because she is "nikkar". They got her on trespassing charges too. Happened in a hick town in Texas.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
If mixed people were infatuated with white people they would call themselves white, which doesn't happen. Stop it. It's an inferiority complex. Let a nikka say he likes light skinned women and he will be called a c00n. So when a nikka wants to date a chick that looks like Lauren London or Halle Berry, he's a c00n, yet she can't say she's mixed even though she is? :ld: You can't explain that. Mixed people saying they are mixed is better. Brazilians do the same shyt there so there's no confusion. White people call mixed people mulatto. Mixed people call themselves mixed. Black people will call someone that's mixed black unless someone decides to pick a light skinned woman. Then she's not black enough. If anyone is indecisive and inconsistent on this issue, it's black people. Not mixed people.

Look at you. You've already taken the us vs you mentality. It's demonic really. Soon enough the census app will have a selection for every color in the rainbow.

So demonic friends...