Mista-Blackberry Molasses Appreciation

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Bobby Valentino went to my school when I was in 9th grade, dude was a senior. This was bout 4 years after Blackberry Molasses so folks knew who he was obviously. Lot of cats used to hate on him, most was just jjealous probably, but dude didn’t make it any easier for himself either tho. Dude had a weird energy, and he was older than me but the other folks in his class was the main ones who would go hard on him. So it ain’t like I knew breh to have an issue with him one way or another, but looking at him from afar I actually used to feel bad for dude. But I’m guessing I felt that way cuz I really didn’t know him. Them other kids may have had a reason to not like him cuz they was in class with him. Even aside from that, the position he was you’d think dude would relish it, local hood celebrity as a teenager, but breh didn’t seem happy at all. People would say he was stuck up, and he did kinda have that air about him but I also remember him just being quiet and staying to himself a lot. Dude was really kinda most hated. I remember breh hosted the talent show and got booed, wasn’t there and don’t remember why, but then that next Monday AM he walked into the gym when folks was coming in off the buses and folks just starting booing dude out the blue again, like a continuation of the talent show, it was funny but me and a friend was in the bleachers like they just hating on this man for no reason. He got tried a lot away from school too, breh worked at Trends in Greenbriar Mall, and it was like a thing to for cats to go in there and try him. Saw it once with my own eyes just randomly walking thru the mall one day and heard about a few other times too from different people. Again I don’t know breh, but it didn’t seem like breh childhood was all that. And he came out str8 compared to those other cats in Mista. The rest of them cats went to Fredrick Douglass, or just Doug as we call it. One of them cats got locked up for murder early, and a few of other ones was in the streets too. May as well have not even been child stars.

Damn you were in school with a bunch of hating ass losers.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
1st of all the lines were beginning to be blurred between the genres
i'm just referring to the mentality of the young consumer of that time
cats was out here flossin/overstating their worth
but these blackberry molasses dudes was talking about how they ain't have sh!t and how they wasn't sh!t
basically singing about how bummy they was, it's no wonder that nobody was really fukkin with them like that
unfortunately they kept it too real (when keeping it real goes wrong)

"Depression shyt?" as in "my girl left me" babyface type shyt? sure that was in style at that time
but blackberry molasses was some Great Depression shyt
and i couldn't get jiggy with that sh!t, sorry

I have to disagree homie...

QU Hectic

Superstar
Daps
Classic song. But is it just me or is it a feel good song about suicide ?