Mission Accepted: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Pt 1

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
@MartyMcFly what's goin on here? Why they delay ? Last i saw all theaters were open and Spidey was doin numbers. People don't care about covid enough anymore to stay home..
My guess is they saw that Bond “only” made about 700 mil worldwide and saw its domestic numbers and got a little spooked. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t believe the Mission flicks do we sell as Bond domestically. I know they don’t worldwide. If that’s true, they probably figure there’s no way they’re going to hit their target numbers.

That’s just a guess.

Last edited:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
My guess is they saw that Bond “only” made about 700 mil worldwide and saw its domestic numbers and for a little spooked. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t believe the Mission flicks do we sell as Bond domestically. I know they don’t worldwide. If that’s true, they probably figure there’s no way they’re going to hit their target numbers.

That’s just a guess.

i checked the numbers it doubles it’s domestic numbers or close to triple it with only ghost protocol and fallout making over $200 mil domestic so guess it’s both since some countries made vaccine mandate to where u can’t go movies without being vaccinated

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My guess is they saw that Bond “only” made about 700 mil worldwide and saw its domestic numbers and for a little spooked. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t believe the Mission flicks do we sell as Bond domestically. I know they don’t worldwide. If that’s true, they probably figure there’s no way they’re going to hit their target numbers.

That’s just a guess.

There's also the very real possibility that this is the rare moment when there was some self awareness displayed. We're probably going to see a lot of movies proceed forward with their release thinking that if Spider-Man can do it they can do it, and then get reminded rather harshly that they ain't Spider-Man.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i checked the numbers it doubles it’s domestic numbers or close to triple it with only ghost protocol and fallout making over $200 mil domestic so guess it’s both since some countries made vaccine mandate to where u can’t go movies without being vaccinated
Yeah so it looks like it’s a WW thing as much as anything else. Cruise is still huge around the world even if he’s not as huge here. Another reason he is passionate about his flicks hitting theaters and not streaming.