Military brehs....do you regret joining?

Lilbeast

All Star
Daps
Ive only been in the military (Navy) for two years but I’m kind of already over this shyt.

The long chow lines :francis:

Disrespectful bosses that hate you if you don’t stroke their egos :francis:

Disgusting ass prison food and poop in the shower (nikka there was literal shyt in the shower. No one cleaned it and 3 weeks later it turned grey and became powdery like dog doo doo):francis:

The constant pissing contest and mean mugging ass nikkas :francis:

shyt IS WACK

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Navy here too.

Only been in for a little over 2 years, but so far I'm gaining skills on the leadership side that I most likely wouldn't have accomplished on the civilian side. It's the little things I've been noticing though....and some of them you've already mentioned (mean-mugging, CPOs/First Classes getting pissed off at the little stuff, dumb behavior overall)....shyt like that makes me wish I was a civilian again. Been overseas in Bahrain for over 2 years and am due to head back stateside to DC come October (thank fukking god). I don't regret it, but some of these people are really making me wish I did.

Last edited:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I did.

I sometimes feel like i could have been much further along in my career if i hadnt joined when i was 17. But fukk it i got some nice benefits out of it.

My advice to any young cat wanting to join is this: Know what YOU want to get out of it and get it ON PAPER BEFORE YOU JOIN

Last edited:

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
It was one of the best things to happen to me honestly but I didn’t know it at the time.

I ain’t gne lie it tested my nerves but coming from where I come from it was the best option for me so I see it as a necessary stepping stone. Growing up poor you dnt got too many other choices. The military put you thru a lot of BS but it actually help you in the end. I was a 19 year old who hated authority but the military taught me to respect it even if you hate the authority. Valuable lessons all around tho. It gives you enough structure and guidance so you really couldn’t fukk it up unless you was a dumbass. I would do it all again but would just take advantage of more the opportunities.

Va loan, free school, security clearance, va disability, high skilled job and plus various other veteran perks. I walked right into the civilian sector and got a 6figure job. It’s a deployed gig but I get a decent amount of time off and travel and see the world. I still got enough time to switch careers and if I want to I’ll have a lot of money saved up and debt free. Can’t beat it.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was one of the best things to happen to me honestly but I didn’t know it at the time.

I ain’t gne lie it tested my nerves but coming from where I come from it was the best option for me so I see it as a necessary stepping stone. Growing up poor you dnt got too many other choices. The military put you thru a lot of BS but it actually help you in the end. I was a 19 year old who hated authority but the military taught me to respect it even if you hate the authority. Valuable lessons all around tho. It gives you enough structure and guidance so you really couldn’t fukk it up unless you was a dumbass. I would do it all again but would just take advantage of more the opportunities.

Va loan, free school, security clearance, va disability, high skilled job and plus various other veteran perks. I walked right into the civilian sector and got a 6figure job. It’s a deployed gig but I get a decent amount of time off and travel and see the world. I still got enough time to switch careers and if I want to I’ll have a lot of money saved up and debt free. Can’t beat it.

What are the benefits of a security clearance?

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
thing i appreciate about yall brehs is that these hoe ass firefighters n cops
think you should bow down to
them because of their job, always
lettin it be know “:beli:im a new york firefighter fella”

like im posed to care

meanwhile yall barely even mention yall served your country and dont expect shyt, i love the humility:myman:

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
I'm coming up on a year now and I love it so far. I'm gaining valuable skills that'll translate nicely to the civilian sector if I get out. Although, I got lucky as fukk:pachaha:. My 1st duty station is shore duty in Cali and I got blessed to have a great supervisor who teaches me the ins and outs of my job.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
What are the benefits of a security clearance?

It gets you highly sensitive jobs within government or with government contractors that starts you out with high 5 figures or high 6 figures...

Security clearances cost a lot and most private companies or government agencies don't wanna pay for them..

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I'm coming up on a year now and I love it so far. I'm gaining valuable skills that'll translate nicely to the civilian sector if I get out. Although, I got lucky as fukk:pachaha:. My 1st duty station is shore duty in Cali and I got blessed to have a great supervisor who teaches me the ins and outs of my job.
That's really what it is - and never take that shyt for granted.

People often talk about "just be strong and committed and you can get the full 20 years" but that's bullshyt. The hand you're dealt with duty stations, leadership, opportunities, and straight up random luck play a part in all of that more than personal ambitions do. I probably would've done 20 happily if I never landed in Ft. Hood to start out. That place probably took 10 years off my career... Never take a good situation for granted breh because there's people out there that would give anything for it.