"Midsommar" Movie From "Hereditary" Director (Discussion Thread)

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Interesting but weird ass movie. Was also weird that once people came up missing, there was no urgency to leave, it was more “damn that sucks :francis:“ and people just going on about their business :laff: feel like I may need to watch it again
You never done something just because “ it’s rude if you don’t”?
A bunch of stuff was over the line but everyone was trying to not pass judgment instead of just saying nah B.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
You never done something just because “ it’s rude if you don’t”?
A bunch of stuff was over the line but everyone was trying to not pass judgment instead of just saying nah B.
True, especially in our current social climate. But the normal human response to your friends going missing is “hey we should find them, call the cops, etc.” Biggest flaw of the movie for me is how unrealistic the human element is. Friends missing? Oh well, let’s get something to eat.

Real good movie though.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I got to stop watching movies like this and mama with my ol lady. She will find away to relate our relationship with the main character and bring up some ol as shyt!!

Ol lady sees the main character's bf trying to spendi time with the homies !!

Her: Capt ! See all these women be dealing with men having life outside of their gf or wife

:ohhh:

Me: So what this shyt got to do with us

:gucci:

Her: You was giving all these other bytches yo attention when you should've given it to me

:usure:

Me...

:mjtf:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I got to stop watching movies like this and mama with my ol lady. She will find away to relate our relationship with the main character and bring up some ol as shyt!!

Her: Capt ! See all these women be dealing with men having life outside of their gf or wife

Her: You was giving all these other bytches yo attention when you should've given it to me

Me...

Damn bruh. Gotta see them red flags early.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

Me...

Sounds like y’all are still together after finishing it, so achievement unlocked. :ehh:

Should’ve tacked on The Holy Mountain by Alejandro Jodorowsky for the ultimate WOAT movie date night double feature.:lolbron::demonic:

Honestly you could see the inspirations in Midsommar from it.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Watched it last night. Thought it was solid, but I don’t see any replay value (especially for how long it is). I wish there was more gore, especially since they passed on showing the killings on screen. Woulda liked to see more of the cult shyt they did; felt like there was opportunity lost.

How’s the director’s cut?