MidJourney.com, Create Any Image you want with AI!!!

Daps
green ranger on date with pink ranger
The Flash playing basketball in the park vs the hulk

Well lookie here :ohhh:

Yours look better than mine though. Are yours on midjourney?

thegamelessplayer-green-ranger-on-date-with-pink-ranger-a2e51e59-4e63-486d-8a37-82defb6a9d80.png

thegamelessplayer-The-Flash-playing-basketball-in-the-park-vs-t-27022997-1abb-4976-a0ed-9cf237fa8857.png

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Midjourney is testing a highly requested “consistent characters” feature.The generative AI service’s new algorithm can now use the same character across multiple images and styles without deviating too far from their original design.
Instructions on how to use “consistent characters” can be found on Midjourney’s Discord channel. The feature isn’t designed to replicate real people from photographs, and works best on characters generated via Midjourney.

1/1
We're testing a new algorithm today to help you have "consistent characters" across your images. Check out our announcement channel for more instructions. It works for both MJ6 and Niji6 models. We hope this helps you play with telling stories and building new worlds <3
GIcdsn8aMAATQ9a.png

GIcdxr5bkAA-7cl.png

GIcd02qbIAADFKu.png

GIcd7afaMAAG6eQ.jpg

1/7
It's similar to the style reference feature, except instead of matching style, it makes your characters match your Character Reference (--cref) image

I used the image on the left as my character reference

Prompts in ALT

2/7
It's similar to the style reference feature, except instead of matching style, it makes your characters match your Character Reference (--cref) image

I used the image on the left as my character reference

Prompts in ALT

3/7
It also works across image styles, which is pretty sick and very fun to play with

4/7
You can use the Character Weight parameter (--cw N) to control the level of character detail you carry over.

At lower values like --cw 0 it will focus mostly on the face, but at higher values like --cw 100 it'll pull more of the outfit in too

Top left is ref image

5/7
On the left is the character reference

On the right is the character reference used in a totally different prompt that included style references

It's definitely not perfect, but it's wayyy better than any other solution we've had previously

6/7
You can use more than one reference too, and start to blend things together like I did here

I used both examples in a single prompt here (i'll go into this in more detail in a future post

It also works through inpainting (I'll do a post on that too)

6/7
NOTES:
> precision is currently limited
> --cref works in niji 6 & v6 models
> --cw 100 is default (face, hair, & clothes)
> works best with MJ generated characters
> wont copy exact dimples/freckles/or logos

Messing w/ this all night tn
I'll let you know what else I figure out
GIbQ8oTWsAA1eA1.jpg

GIbPFNsWgAAFwyJ.jpg

GIbQdrvWcAEPI15.jpg

GIbRxqiXYAAylr8.jpg

GIbR3CBWAAAWlZb.jpg

GIbS8FRXMAAq-lQ.jpg

GIbXAREW8AELvn1.jpg

GIbZkmnWQAAPwnA.jpg

GIbYKQlXwAAz4Jm.jpg

GIbYpsIWgAA3dvz.jpg

GIbdNyyXQAAJqVA.jpg

GIbdybOXUAA-Stn.jpg

GIbfmXmXwAAQqKX.jpg

GIbiwAdXMAALZrR.jpg

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/6
A few more consistent character tests in Midjourney

top row → test of --cw values on clothing
middle → seeing how it transfers emotions
bottom → using --cref with different actions

prompts & some notes in thread:

2/6
MJ default is --cw 100, but try lower --cw values if you plan to specify an outfit different from your reference img

cinestill 800T photo of a woman working at her desk. She's wearing a black shirt and clear lens glasses --ar 5:7 --style raw --cref {img URL} --cw {0,50,100}

3/6
Here I asked for her in a black dress, so i dropped the --cw value to 0 to transfer just the face and tested different emotions

cinestill 800T photo of a {happy, sad, neutral} woman wearing a black dress sitting on a boat --ar 5:7 --style raw --cref {img URL} --cw 0

4/6
Here I tried different actions, all with --cw 100 which is why the outfit pulls through much more

> waving on a subway platform
> sleeping on a train
> running in a park

5/6
Other things I noticed:
> running variations messes things up
> the most practical --cw range is 0-50
> MJ generated ref images work way better

Overall it did a pretty good job here
Midjourney course starts March 19th (link in bio)

6/6
i noticed this too. weird artifact when it tries to generate an image with the subject facing away but --cref is used
GIfR2PvXMAAMIuQ.jpg

GIfT39CXgAAGvYm.jpg

GIfVakuXMAA4MPS.jpg

GIfWMsbWUAEZ6SM.jpg

GIfW6lbXMAA5tNL.jpg

GIf0eqsaIAATGab.jpg

GIhiknlbIAAaPL3.jpg