Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
There’s a cable channel damn near whose entire premise is “Mid Black Movies” …. STARZ/Encore: Black …. On any given night they’re airing monuments to mid like

Trippin’ …a black coming to age late 90’s vehicle headed by Bud from the Cosby Show :mjlol:

Despite some liberal amounts of beautiful 90’s era black titties, could never be described as more than solidly mid

And when they REALLY get in their bag, they air some of the WOATs like this joint starring (and directed by) Duane Martin pretending he was a comedic action flick leading man like Willard

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

It came out in the early 2000s, but goddamn it deserves to be mentioned and harshly ridiculed in this thread

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Woo

It took me a minute to think of this one.
Given it is some good choices.

Art Barr

On another note to give a suggestion. As to how all these movies were able to be greenlit.
in the nineties misappropriation spawned by fox using amythinf black to revenue grab and then cop and blow the black community.

A classic that is never mentioned and is the Blueprint to what Hollywood would try to emulate in every aspect..

Straight Outta Brooklyn

It is not mid.

Yet I am mentioning it here. So people can have a high quality alternative.
that was a grassroots indie catalyst.
to the so-called urban black film of the era.
Being able to be green lit by studios. From the Ingenuity of the classic brilliant mind of:

Matty rich

Art Barr

*hopes Mr rich ain't did nuffin crazy. Where I have to backtrack. Like I posted a thread.
on the fugees, and the video to killin me softly.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
:picard: @ some of these choices. I see some cult & Black classics posted

My first couple of negs on The Coli was saying that this was the era where the soundtracks were better than some of the films. 😁 Def Jam, Loud, etc was killing it at that time

Side note:
People joked on Mario Van Peebles when he made 'Solo'

And another sci-fi dud, but had action was 'Eve of Destruction' with Gregory Hines. It was his version of Terminator 🥴

Eve of destruction is intelligent in a lot of places given its budget. That I am not sure if I can say it is mid.

True it is a b movie.
Yet in execution as a b movie.

It was made in that same era. Of Hines based cop films and for the time I can not say it is mid.

It is somewhere in the same vein of film as the Tom Selleck bullet with your name on it movie in runaway.[if I remember right] That I have not seen it in a minute. Yet I seem to remember eve of destruction being better than the reviews. Plus I think for thr time. It felt like what if princess leia. Carrie fisher.

played the same psycho chick from blues Brothers but was an android. So that movie kinda fits in. a weird for the times. Exception to its inferior budget.
Plus a weird settlement between thr audience wanting a thing. Then someone kinda giving what the marketplace was clamoring for. While for the budget doing a better than decent take on the material.

Art Barr