Microsofts confirms activision/blizzard games will remain on PS and Nintendo after agreements

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Adapting ahead of regulation: a principled approach to app stores - Microsoft On the Issues

FLKy7ECXIAM2RTt.png

This is due to the compromises they have to make with the FTC to get approved for the deal

The principles respond to concerns raised by app developers and lawmakers, who say app stores run by Apple Inc. and others take an unfairly large cut of digital revenues and stifle competition. Microsoft said it wouldn't require developers to use a proprietary payment system, among other steps.

"We are more focused on adapting to regulation than fighting against it," said company president Brad Smith. He and CEO Satya Nadella met with reporters Wednesday ahead of meetings with lawmakers and others about the Activison deal

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Microsoft would be stupid to not continue to make Call of duty still multiplatform. That's money sitting on the table for them from Sony Stans. At the same time putting it on gamepass for the low will draw in more users. It's a Win/Win and softens the blow of going full gamepass with no sales to fall back on.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
I said this while the usual suspects were acting like Activision would pull the plug on CoD being multiplat or that Sony getting Bungie was some type of effort to secure a shooter. These games are cash cows, rivalry or no rivalry, its not good business to leave that kind of revenue on the table by forcing console exclusivity.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This is basically the same statement they've always made:skip:

CoD can be "made available" on Playstation through Warzone

Maybe they'll port crash team racing to the switch or some shyt

We not gonna know til 2023 and beyond:ld:

Lol give it up man, war is over

Satya kissing babies in Washington right now

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Microsoft will get paid, and we'll still get most of their games. I'm cool with that

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m not really a cod player but good to know Sony fans who are don’t have to buy that console.

maybe Sony making bungie games multi platform convinced MS to do the same.gamers win :blessed:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’m not really a cod player but good to know Sony fans who are don’t have to buy that console.

maybe Sony making bungie games multi platform convinced MS to do the same.gamers win :blessed:

It’s probably added pressure to them to make the commitment to regulators. Microsofts lawyers know what they can and cant get away with at this point